Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Warming up

It is a gorgeous day outside.  Samuel and I just got back from the Botanical Gardens.  We met Charisa, Vance and Vaughn, Cara and Cole and Andrea and Taylor.  It was so much fun.  There is a kids area with tons of stuff for the little ones to do.  Samuel skipped his morning nap and just played right through it.  He fell asleep on the way home, but woke up as soon as I got him out of the car seat.  I think he finally just fell back asleep after talking and playing in his crib for 20 minutes.  I was REALLY worried he might not go back to sleep and that would have been terrible.  I need an afternoon break myself.  

We leave in two days for Europe and I am not packed at all.  I don't even have things out to bring.  I am just planning to pack Thursday night.  I can just throw everything in the suitcase and go.  If I forget anything, I will just buy it when we are overseas.  The last thing I am going to stress about it packing.  I did buy two really nice pairs of jeans.  I went to a jean place in Clayton, Elements of Denim (they have the worst website I have ever seen).  They have every style and look of jean.  I think I tried on about 50 pairs.  I have never spent a lot of money on jeans, but I really wanted to get some nice pairs that I could have for a long time.  Luckily I found two pairs that made my ass look pretty good.  I mean my ass still looked big, but not gigantic.  I was pretty depressed about the jean size, but you know, if my butt looks kind of small I am all for it.  So, I know I will be taking those and lots of dresses and skirts.  

Last night I experienced my first heart attack.  Samuel flung himself over the size of the couch and onto his head.  Of yes, directly on his head.  He was standing on the couch, which I don't allow him to do, holding onto the TV remote.  I started to walk towards him and I told him that he wasn't allowed to stand on the couch.  He started throwing one of his convulsing tantrums, where he throws his body backwards, excepts he was right by the side of the couch.  I saw everything happening in slow motion.  As I was running towards him he flipped himself backwards, narrowly missing the marble corner of the fireplace and landing on his head.  For a split second I hesitated to pick him up because I was worried he might have injured his neck, but he was just lying flat on his stomach and not really crying.  I think he knocked the wind out of himself because he didn't start crying right away.  Finally he started screaming, right as I was dialing Dave's number at work.  I proceeded to tell Dave that he better get home immediately because I wasn't sure if Samuel was going to need to get checked out at the ER.  Within 15 minutes Samuel was completely fine, wanting to play and was totally happy again.  I on the other hand was a nervous wreck and my heart didn't stop pounding for a long time.  

When Dave got home from work, he was acting a little too calm about the whole situation, so I had to yell at him a little bit about not being concerned about me or Samuel and then I felt much better.  I deal with stress by yelling.  Not good for the person experiencing my wrath, but a great release for me. 

Okay, I am done ranting.  Time to relax.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you got my email today. Case in point, today's post is the best!!! I am going to have to meet you in person. I yell all the time too but it just seems to go in one ear and out the other on both john and the girls... As for Saumuels fall...just wait, it gets worse, you will be at the emergency room while Dave is saying, he's fine. I can't count how many tumbles, falls, hits by flying objects have my heart racing...Amie

Sarah said...

Amie, thanks for posting. I did get your email yesterday. I am glad you figured out the posting thing. It can be a pain sometimes. I look forward to meeting you. I have heard a lot about you and I love all the recipes you have past along. Keep them coming.