Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Slow Week

I can't believe that it is only Tuesday.  For some reason it feels like it should be Thursday.  Oh well.  

We are on our third day of my weekly menu.  The Warm Goat Cheese Salad was pretty good.  I couldn't find the goat's milk fromage blanc anywhere.  I increased the amount of goat cheese and sour cream.  It had a very good taste, but I don't think I used enough potatoes, so the cream part of the potatoes was a little overwhelming.  I will make this again though.  

The pasta salad last night was great and Samuel inhaled it.  It was a nice light dish.  

I did something new yesterday.  I was interviewed by SSM Health Care (formerly St. Sister's of Mary, now known as the Franciscan Sisters of Mary).  I participated in a video interview on domestic violence.  It was actually a big production.  There was a camera guy, video guy, editor and interviewer.  They messed with my hair and blotted my face because it was shinny.  It was really cool.  They were doing the video to honor Woman's Place (A domestic violence organization in St. Louis) for their 10th Anniversary.  There is a Gala on May 8, 2009 and they are going to play the video at the gala.  I was so nervous and I hope I didn't make a fool of myself, especially because people will be seeing it at the gala.  

If anyone is interested in going to the gala, it is on May 8, 2009, starting at 6:30 pm at the Xavier Ballroom on St. Louis University's Campus.  I can give you more information if you are interested.  

Tomorrow night starts Passover, so no more bread for me for 8 days.  

I am off to clean up my dirty son from breakfast.  

No comments: