Thursday, January 29, 2009

What a bummer

I took Samuel to the doctor this afternoon.  He really is pretty sick.  He has RSV and bronchiolitis. Also, both of his ears look red.  They aren't ear infections yet, but he was working on it.  Anyway, RSV is very contagious and is very easy to get.  I am sure with the fact that I have taken him out a lot, he easily got exposed to it.  I have to be really careful that I don't get it or Dave doesn't get it.  The doctor prescribed some medication, but he might not be feeling better for another week or up to a month.  Are you kidding me?  This really sucks big time.  I almost started crying in the doctor's office.  I just don't know why he seems to be getting sick so often.  Plus, I know this is very selfish to say, but I am pissed that I am going to be stuck in this house all day with him.  I really look forward to going to the gym during the day, or going out to lunch or just hanging out with my friends.  It breaks up the day and I get a little break.  By the end of the day, I am just pooped.
I guess we won't be going to story time with Charisa, Vance and Vaughn this week or next week for that matter.  Boo Hoo.  

I also signed Samuel up for swimming lessons that start on Monday.  We won't be doing that either.  At least not next week.

Oh well, it isn't the end of the world, I just wanted to bitch a little bit.

I am off to relax while he is sleeping.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah!
That stinks that your baby has RSV. It is going around here too. Garrett had it when he was 5 months and the cough lasted a long time but he was feeling better after a few weeks.

Well We sold the house and are moving to Houston the end of February. I will keep you updated on the move. My goal is to blog more now that I will all alone and trying to keep in contact :(

megan said...

Ugh, that sucks!!! I'm sorry. Hopefully he'll be a quick cure!