Thursday, January 8, 2009

News and Need Advice

I finally got up the nerve to call some places about getting Lasik eye surgery and now I am depressed.  So they don't recommend that you even come in for a consultation if you are breastfeeding, pregnant or trying to get pregnant.  If you just had a baby or had been breastfeeding you should come in unless you have had your period for 3 months straight.  Well, lets see...I am still breastfeeding, haven't even had my period for 3 months straight and we are wanting to try to have another baby in the near future.  So, I guess lasik is out of the picture for a while.  Plus they tell you that you have to wear your glasses for 2 weeks straight so the consultation is accurate.  I can't imagine wearing my glasses only and not my contacts for 2 weeks.  That would be terrible.  Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until I am done with kids before I can get my eyes done.  How depressing.  

I don't think I mentioned before, but one of my New Year's resolutions is to floss every single day and so far I have done it.  I am also trying not to bite my finger nails and I have been pretty good, I only bit one off in the new year.  I actually trimmed a nail yesterday instead of just biting it right off.  It was nearly as satisfying.  

I need some advice.  Lately Samuel has been a monster when we are changing his diaper.  He throws a fit most of the time, turns over on his stomach or kicks his legs or puts my arm in a wrestling move like a leg lock so I can't move my arm.  It is actually pretty amazing how strong he is.  I am not sure how to handle it.  I  have been giving him things to hold on to while I am changing him to divert his attention, but sometimes he just throws it on the floor and continues to wrestle with me.  It is quite annoying.  Plus when I took him to the gym daycare they had to change his diaper and she told me he was a wild man and she could barely get the diaper on him.  How embarrassing?!  Anyway, anyone have any advice? I would love to hear it.  

I am off to get myself together so we can run to Target as soon as he gets up from his nap. 

4 comments:

Charisa said...

My eyesight changed so much with each pregnancy. I need to go back to the doctor to get my eyes checked again. I know you're eyesight needs to stay the same for at least a year to be a candidate too. I'm hoping to be a candidate 'cause I'd like to get it done this year. We'll see!

I'm going thru the same diaper changing issues with Vaughnie. I find she's easier when I change her on the changing table and not on the floor - but running up to her room for every diaper change isn't always doable! I heard one mom say she kept gum everywhere and when she'd change a diaper she'd blow bubbles and her son would stop what he was doing and watch her. I think that sounds like a pain. I just think it's a stage and we're going to have to fight our way thru it!

Nicki said...

Brody is the same way! He is constantly trying to roll over the entire time. I have been able to pacify him by giving him something to hold on to. I have become pretty quick with it, though. I guess it is just one of the stages that they will outgrow. I hope it is soon! :)

Anonymous said...

OY~ I am with you Sarah. It seems some of your other friends are going through the same thing, I was hoping for an answer. Rowan would rather throw himself off the changing table right now than get his diaper changed. He has been doing this for about 3 weeks now and I have tried toys, singing like a fool anything and he won't lay still. I tried the floor too and it was much worse! It is really pissing me off and is making me absolutely dread changing him. Let me know if you figure anything out!
-Steph K.

Sarah said...

I am happy that it isn't just Samuel who is having this problem. Sometimes I just get really frustrated and want to just not put a diaper on him, but then that would be even worse because he would pee and poop everywhere. Today I felt bad and I told him no very sternly and he stuck out his bottom lip, squished his face up and started crying, but I did get his diaper on him in that little window. If I hear of any good ideas I will let you all know.