Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random Pictures

I haven't posted pictures in a while, so I thought I would just put a whole bunch of random ones.  

Oh and Samuel turned 10 months yesterday!!!  I have such a big boy.

Today Samuel and I went to our first Stay and Play.  It is through the Webster Groves School District.  If you are involved in Parents as Teachers, then you can sign up for this activity.  It is one day a week from 9:30 am to 11:30.  It is a place for all the kids to play.  The first hour the kids just play around, then around 10 there is music time.  We sang so many songs that I remember hearing as a kid but I couldn't remember the words at all.  I can't believe it, but Samuel loved that portion.  Of course he was the loudest one.  He was yelling (not in an unhappy way), but he was so loud and everyone was just laughing at him because all the other kids were just laughing.  Also Samuel was one of the only kids who slobbered all over all the toys.  Any toys that the kids put in their mouths are supposed to go into a separate bowl to be washed later.  I filled the bowl with toys.  Oh well, he is teething!  

When we got  home we ate lunch and then he was ready to pass out.  Luckily he is in bed and I am trying to get some stuff done.  

Dave and I are back on our crazy vegetarian diet.  We are eating no carbs, no meat, very little cheese and tons of veggies.  Last time we did it back in July we eat lost 10 pounds.  I only have 5 more pounds to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I think I am holding onto the extra pounds because I am breastfeeding, at least that is my excuse.  I would love to lose all the weight though before I get pregnant with a second.  Hopefully it will come off soon.  

Last night I made a veggie lasagna with no noodles, I used thinly sliced eggplant as the noodles.  I used mushrooms, onions, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli and green peppers and the cheese mixture had cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, fontina cheese, pepper, basil, garlic powder, garlic salt and spinach.  Dave told me that if the lasagna wasn't good, he wasn't going to continue on the diet because he was starving and not satisfied.  Luckily it was really tasty.  It was even better today for lunch.  I surprised myself.  

Tonight we are having Vegetarian Indian Food with a yellow curry sauce, cauliflower, broccoli, garbanzo beans, peas and lentils.  It should be really good.  

I am off to do some taxes.      



Samuel with Tuesday.  Our friends Joel and Rachael were in town, so we all ate lunch together.

I don't post many pictures of George, so here is one of her.


Christmas Eve:

Night Night for our 10 month old (he is in mid wave):

Some pictures from yesterday:



2 comments:

megan said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe he is TEN months old!!! Wow. And George looks cute too. :)

Can I have your lasagna recipe? I have also wanted to make lasagna with eggplant instead of noodles but I never had the guts to try it! It sounds delicious!

Way to go on being only 5 pounds from your pre-preg weight! That is awesome. Good luck on the diet!

So great to catch up with you. :)

Sarah said...

I'll email you the general recipe, since i pretty much made it up. I kind of just tasted everything to make sure it tasted good. It was super yummy.