Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historical Day

I woke up this morning with excitement that I haven't felt in a long time.  I can't imagine there being a more significant day like today in my lifetime.  It is so exciting that we have a new President.  It is wonderful to see such hope and excitement from so many people.  The most overwhelming feeling for me, is that in Samuel's life and in the lifetime of my future children, they will never know a time where there wasn't an African American President.  I can only hope that my children will not even understand how others could discriminate against people with different beliefs, colors and sexual orientation.  I really hope that President Obama can live up to the huge expectations that Americans have bestowed on him.  He has a long hard road ahead and I hope he is successful.       

Now that I blabbed for a while, here are some pictures of Samuel from the last few days.

This morning I went to check on his while he was sleeping and he looked so cute, so I took a few pictures.  I guess he sucks his thumb while he sleeps.



Do you think his hair is getting long?  Only a few more months until he will get a hair cut!



3 comments:

megan said...

Agreed on today! It's pretty exciting.

Cut the poor kid's hair!!! :) What are you waiting for? My friend cut her little boy's hair this weekend and he's two months younger than Samuel. Is there some significance to waiting that I don't know about? I say, let the kid see! :)

Nicki said...

I absolutely agree with you about today! I am at work and watched in on my little TV. It is a pretty exciting day!

Samuel looks so cute sleeping! Does he suck his thumb all the time or just when he is sleeping? Is he walking yet?

Sarah said...

I don't want to cut his hair until he is a year old, at least. I think it is good luck or something.

I didn't realize that he actually sucked his thumb that much. He normally sucks his thumb right when I put him in his bed, but I had no idea that he continued to suck it while he was sleeping.

A few days ago he took about 4 steps, but he prefers to crawl still. He uses his walker thing all the time and walks along everything, but has only let go a few times. He is getting so heavy, so I am ready for his to start walking!