Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thank goodness for the weekend

I am in some serious need of reinforcement.  I am so happy it is the weekend and Dave is home to help with Samuel.  It isn't that Samuel has been bad or anything, but I am just tired.  I am just not in the mood to deal with him.  I know it is bad to say, but Samuel has just been very clingy.  He follows me everywhere.  He has located the tupperware drawer in the kitchen and he won't stay out of it.  I don't mind him playing in there because those things are easy to clean, but it is just a little annoying.  

I didn't leave the house at all yesterday and I didn't shower.  Isn't that gross.  I just didn't have time.  When Samuel was down for a nap I was busy cleaning up the house and just relaxing.  Then when he went to sleep for the night I went straight to bed too.  Now I am drinking coffee and relaxing.  Eventually I will get around to showering sometime today.  

I started reading "The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers."  I read her first book and I thought it was great.  This book is good so far.  I am only 50 pages into it.  One thing she did say at the beginning was that you need to tell your baby what you are going to do before you do it and continue to talk them through things (like for instance, changing their diaper so they don't cause problems).  I tried it yesterday afternoon.  I always thought I was very verbal with Samuel, bit when I made an effort to talk to him about changing his diaper, I realized that I never talked about what I was doing while I was doing it.  It sounds absolutely ridiculous but I basically talked to Samuel the whole time, telling him what I was doing and how fast it was going to take and he actually paid attention to me and didn't squirm around.  When I put his diaper on him I told him he did a great job.  It was a successful changing diaper day yesterday.  I have no idea how it will be today or if it was just a fluke yesterday, but I thought I would pass this along to everyone else who is having diaper changing issues.  

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

megan said...

congrats on the easy diaper change! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke and this will help.

If it makes you feel any better, my dogs love getting into the tupperware. :) Only they often bite holes in them, rendering them unusable.

hope you have a great weekend!