Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

You know, I really don't care that it is Super Bowl Sunday (other then the commercials).  I only care that Dave and I win the super bowl squares that he picked for us in the work pool.  When I was at the grocery store this morning I picked up some of the 3D glasses.  Hopefully we will see something cool on the commercials after the 2nd quarter.  Samuel thought I looked hilarious in the glasses.  

Samuel is feeling much better.  He still has a cough, but his nose isn't running and he hasn't had a fever in a couple of days.  The only disgusting thing about his sickness is that the medication that they gave him makes his poops RED.  I mean really red, it is disgusting.  I thought you all might want to know that detail :)

This morning I finally took George for a walk.  It was a little difficult because there were lots of black ice and the sidewalks were sheets of ice.  I was slipping all over the place.  It wasn't much of a workout for me, but George loved it.  

Since we can't go anywhere for Super Bowl Sunday, I have decided that I will try to make a few things myself.  I am going to make chicken wings, queso, french onion dip and lots of veggies.  I bought stuff to make a pizza too, but I think we may have enough food.

Oma and Opa are coming in town this coming up weekend.  Since Samuel has been so sick, I am in desperate need to get out of the house and have some alone time.  Oma is coming in a day early (Thursday night), so tomorrow when the salon and spa I go to opens, I am calling to see if I can get in for a wax and facial.  I'll let you all know the status.  


  

3 comments:

megan said...

so glad to hear Samuel is feeling better!! And that you have some relief on the way. :) How did your food turn out? Sounds yummy!

Mr Toots said...

Glad he is feeling better! Hope you get into the salon for a little R&R!

Mr Toots said...

OOPS...I'm signed into Mark's account....it's me Charity