Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting SO Big

Yesterday we had to lower Samuel's crib again to the lowest setting. He is able to pull himself in his crib, but we weren't worried about it because he had never been able to go from lying down to a sitting position on his own. But then yesterday Dave got home from work and Samuel was napping, when he woke up Dave went upstairs to get him and he was sitting up in his crib. We were amazed. So we figured it was time to lower the crib again.

Lets see, lots of things have happened with Samuel in the last few days besides what I mentioned above. Another tooth is coming in on top, however the top middle teeth are not coming in. The teeth coming in are on either side of the middle teeth, so once they come in, he is going to have some serious fangs and probably look really funny.

Samuel has learned how to wave. I noticed the funniest thing yesterday. I normally watch a little bit of the Today Show in the mornings. You know how they scan the crowd outside and they are normally waving at the camera. Well, I was watching Samuel watching the TV and all of the sudden he lifted his hand up and started waving at the TV. I thought that maybe it was a fluke, but then today he was watching the TV and the people started waving at the camera and he was back to waving at the TV. It was really funny.

Samuel is also talking and babbling like crazy. We were at the grocery store this morning and he started babbling so loudly almost yelling. I have no idea what he is trying to say, but he sure is animated about it. He has been saying mama for a long time now, but now he is actually calling my name when I am not in the room. After he wakes up from all of his naps, instead of just making noises, he starts yelling "mama, mama". He already has me wrapped around his finger.

Well, I am going to run a few miles on the treadmill while he is sleeping.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

That is so funny about Samuel's teeth because Brody is doing the same thing. His top left tooth, beside the big one, has come in. I thought it was weird because I thought after the two bottom teeth, his two top teeth in the middle would come in. Glad to know that they are both doing the same thing!

I can't believe he is 7 months old already. Where has the time gone? The boys are getting so big and pretty soon they will be walking and talking!