Friday, October 3, 2008

Domestic Violence Awareness Month

For those of you that don't know, I am on the board of Woman's Place a drop-in domestic violence organization that counsels and supports women who are and were victims of domestic violence.  Dave, Samuel and I went to a vigil last night.  It is really powerful to see women who were victims of violence and now are thriving and doing really well.  I love this organization because I have never met women that are so genuine, caring and truly inspirational.  Here is a picture of Samuel and I last night.  It was such a beautiful night.  


Tomorrow Samuel and I are making the drive to Kansas City to visit my grandparents.  They haven't seen Samuel since May.  I am a little nervous about driving all by myself with Samuel.  It is a 3 and a half drive.  I just hope he sleeps.  Should be interesting.  

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  

No comments: