Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting Colder

This past week the weather has been pretty chilly. We turned on the heat last night because it was freezing in our house at night. We all sleep much better though when the house is cold, but when it gets below 65 degrees, the boys get chilly.

Samuel's vocabulary is really expanding. He has started to say some pretty big words (for a 2 year old). Lately when he really likes food he will say to either Dave or me, "this food is delicious." It is funny to hear him say delicious. Then last night we gave the boys a bath and Samuel looked at Dave and me and said "get Joe Joe out immediately." At first we weren't sure what he said but when we questioned him he was definitely saying immediately. It is amazing how much his language skills can improve in just 6 months. We were worried when he wasn't really talking when he turned 2, but he has really started and I know it won't stop now.

I think Samuel is completely potty trained (I am knocking on wood right now). He has gone four full days with no diaper, expect at nap time and night time. We have run errands and he went to Mother's Day Out all day yesterday and didn't have an accident. We are going to try it again at his other school today and see what happens. I am pretty excited. He pretty much potty trained himself. We encouraged him and rewarded him for going in the toilet, but I never actively tried to potty train him. Luckily it was easy. I am sure Joseph will be a disaster as is everything with him lately. Anyway, I am pretty excited about not having to change anymore Samuel diapers.

I know I mentioned several times that Joseph was a wonderful baby, but now he is turning into a very difficult toddler. He screams and cries all the time if he doesn't get attention. And he wanted attention all the time. They said at Mother's Day Out yesterday he cried almost all day. They felt terrible for him, but they couldn't get him to stop crying. When I got there to pick him up, he wasn't crying and seemed to be in a good mood, but I am sure that was the only time he wasn't crying. He isn't crawling yet and I know that is really frustrating him. He gets pissed when he is on his stomach and can't get where he wants to go.

On the house front, we are breaking ground this week. We still have so many decisions to make. It seems like it is never ending. Dave is taking half day on Friday, so we are going to finalize our kitchen and bathroom layouts, pick out our granite for the kitchen and fireplaces, tile for all the bathrooms and hopefully carpeting and marble for the bathroom counter tops. We also have to finalize our brick, siding and roof colors. Monday we are going to pick out all our lighting fixtures, knobs and pulls and door levers. We are getting closer to making all of our selections. I have days when I am really stressed out, but overall it hasn't been too bad.

I really need to decide what I want for our back splash in the kitchen and in our bathroom. That is stressing me out.

I better start getting things done this morning.

No comments: