Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Time Flies Even When You Are Not Having Fun

We have had a hell of a weekend and week. Samuel got a little bit of a cold on Thursday evening (I think the change in weather) running nose and a little bit of coughing and he was up all night. Then Friday night, Joseph got a cold and it wasn't nearly as nice as Samuel's. He had a super runny nose and coughed a bit as well. This left both Dave and I with no sleep from Thursday night on. Joseph slept okay last night and I am hoping by this weekend they both will be sleeping great again. I desperately need sleep. Due to my exhaustion I have been a cranky "B". Not only that but Samuel has re-entered his terrible two stage. It hadn't really left, but he had a few good weeks where I thought we were moving past his terribleness, but to my dismay the terrible two's are back in full force. It takes all my energy. He has been spending significantly more time in "Time Out". The only time he listens is when I tell him to get and stay in time out.

He is still obsessed with my hair. I know I mentioned this before, but he HATES it when I wear my hair up in a pony tail or pulled back in any way. I don't know what to do. Yesterday when I woke him up from his nap I had my hair in a pony tail and he went into full on convulsions. Sometimes I over exaggerate, but I am not kidding this time. He started kicking and screaming and banging his arms on his sheets and yelling "Hair down." It is out of control. Not only is it with my hair that he has issues, but his hair too. I was combing his hair the other day and I spiked it up into a pho-hawk. I was just messing around with it (it actually looked really cute) and he started hyperventilating and crying. I mean full on tears streaming down his cheeks because he hated it so much. I quickly combed it normally. But seriously what the heck is wrong with him!?

Lastly, we will be breaking ground pretty soon on our house. We have so many more decisions to make, but it is coming along. As soon as things start moving I will let you all know the progress. I am excited and nervous. I just hope everything turns out the way we want.

I am off to wake Samuel up from his nap. I really don't want to, but I want him to go to sleep tonight.

1 comment:

megan said...

oh, so sorry it's been a rough few days!!! :( And the hair thing...that is so weird! I have no idea what to say about that.

Good luck on all of the house stuff! I can't wait to see/hear about the progress!!!

Hope the boys feel better soon and you get some sleep!