Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of Preschool

Samuel started his first day of preschool today. He was pretty excited. I wish I was able to get a better picture of him, but he doesn't really cooperate with photos anymore. Of course of all days he didn't wake up at his normal 6:45/7 am wake up time. I had to wake him up at 7:40, get him ready, eat breakfast and then we left at 8:10 to pick Dave up so he could come with us on his first day.

Here is Samuel before we left:


Here he is in the car. The school requires the students to wear a uniform and we were supposed to put them in it before we showed up, so there would be no arguments or meltdowns with the kids (in fact we saw one boy having a meltdown when we arrived). Samuel was excited to put it on (luckily).

He was a little nervous at first and wouldn't let go of Dave:

Then he saw the kitchen play area and attacked. He zoned in on a frying pan and grabbed it from the little girl that was playing there first. I had to tell him to share, but I was sure he was going to whack the little girl in the head with the frying pan. That would have been a great start to preschool. I began to feel nervous that my son was going to be that mean kid that bullied everyone. That is my worst nightmare. Instead of continuing to panic, Dave and I decided to head out and let the teachers deal with him.

Here he is about to attack:


It was early release day, so I had to pick him up at 10:30. When they brought him out to me they said he only cried for a little bit when he realized we had left, but then he was easily redirected. Then they said when they tired to get him to bring him to me, he ran back in the classroom and didn't want to go. I asked him if he liked school and if he was ready to go back on Thursday he said very enthusiastically "YES!" I take that as a good sign.

Today Joseph is 7 months old. I need to get some good pictures of him, but I will try later and post something. While Samuel was at school, I ran to the gym and put Joseph in childcare. They said he screamed the entire time (which was about an hour). He was crying so hard when I got him that he was doing that hiccuping thing, when you can't catch your breath after crying so long. I felt terrible for him, but at the same time I am not going to stop going to the gym. He needs to get used to going. I am normally gone for an hour and a half max on most days. Poor kid is starting to have some serious mommy separation anxiety.

Here is a picture of the boys from this weekend:


My mom came in town this past weekend. The boys will not see her again until the end of October. We had a really nice time hanging out a relaxing. This was a cute picture of my mom and Joseph.



Lastly I wanted to say a big thank you to Megan and Donnie for coming in town this past weekend as well. We had so much fun hanging out, going to the baseball game and drinking WAY TOO MUCH wine. Of course I didn't take any pictures, so I can't share any.

Now I am going to relax because I have a rare moment when both boys are sleeping.

1 comment:

megan said...

Awww, Samuel on his first day!!! So glad to hear it went so well. :)

Thanks again for having us out there this weekend - we had a great time! I always love hanging out with you guys.

xoxo!