Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I think we are officially potty trained (knocking on wood right now). Samuel has gone several days, including a full day at mother's day out and school today without any accidents. He wakes up almost everyday from his nap with a dry diaper. He is still pretty wet when he wakes up from a full night sleep (even though we did have one night that he woke up completely dry). I think for the first time in all my parenting of Samuel, potty training the easiest. He pretty much did it himself. I removed the little potty from all the bathrooms and he stands to pee and sits on the toilet to poop. Aaaah a sigh of relief.

I threw a baby shower for Jonathan and Laura this past weekend. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of all the cakes and food. We had a great time and I think Jonathan and Laura got some great gifts for their new baby girl. My parents were in town to help celebrate as well and I got a great picture of them with the boys.


My dad carved a pumpkin with Samuel on Sunday. He loved it once again this year. He wasn't as scared of the guts on the inside. I think my Dad was pretty excited about helping Samuel carve the pumpkin too. It was such a beautiful day to be outside and carve.



We went to Trunk or Treat at the MAC for the first time this year. It was actually a ton of fun and I can't wait for next year when Joseph will be able to participate as well. People decorated the trunks of their cars, there was a DJ that played great music, there was food including smores and then the kids went car to car to trick or treat. Samuel was a gorilla and Joseph was a spider.








5 comments:

megan said...

congrats on the potty training!!! that is awesome! And those pics are so cute - sounds like a fun halloween!

Mom said...

So much fun this weekend. As always we were so busy and the weekend goes by way to fast. Great pics. Love, Mom

Baby Games said...

wow they so cute, they custom is compatible in they height.
_____________
Mickey Buarao

PAula said...

Your boys are so squeezeably cute!!!! Love, love, love their costumes and they seem to actually be enjoying wearing them...great pictures.

Those 3 pair of twinkling brown eyes in the last picture are beautiful.

Congrats on the potty training...Hooray Samuel!

Hope you are well!!
Paula

Nicki said...

That is awesome about Samuel and the potty training. If only Brody could have caught on that easy. But we are making progress.....slowly but surely!