Saturday, October 30, 2010

Aint that some Shi*t

Dave and I decided that we would try something new this weekend. I have been absolutely exhausted lately. I had a little bit of a cold this whole week and I have been trying to fight it off. I have been in some serious need of sleep. As I mentioned before Joseph has been teething and hasn't been sleeping well. He is such a random sleeper. He does however normally wake up at least once a night. For a while now Samuel has been waking up at least once a night too. He will wake up saying that he needs to blow his nose or he is thirsty or lately it has been that he needs to go potty. Sometimes he just screams a little bit and goes right back to bed. On Thursday night Joseph woke up at 2 and wouldn't go back to bed until around 2:45, then Samuel woke up and screamed around 3ish (he went right back to bed), then at 4 George woke me up because she needed to go outside (which rarely ever happens).

Anyway, I haven't had a full night sleep without interruption since before Joseph was born. Face it, when you are 8 and 9 months pregnant you can't sleep through the night anyway because the baby is so big and you have to pee all the time.

So, Dave and I decided that this weekend I would sleep in the basement on Friday night and get a full night sleep and then he would sleep there on Saturday night so he could get a full night of sleep. I woke up at 4:30 and needed to go to the bathroom and I was super happy that I had slept all night until 4:30. At around 6:30 Dave came down stairs with Joseph. I asked him how the night went and he said that both boys didn't make a sound all night and Joseph just got up at 6:30. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?! Of all F*#%ing nights the boys slept all night. Tonight is my night to sleep upstairs and I am sure they both will be up all night just to F with me.

We are off to the Museum of Transportation for the morning. Got to get in an outside activity before it gets super cold here.

2 comments:

markandandrea said...

You sure Dave didn't just sleep through the boys waking up? Hope you're night went well (and that tonight does too!).

:)

Sarah said...

Actually he said he barely slept because he was so worried that he would sleep through one of them waking up and he didn't want me to hear them in the basement and then come upstairs and kick his you know what! It is pretty crazy that they slept all night.

Of course I wasn't so lucky the next night when it was my turn. They both woke up once in the middle of the night and then Joseph was wide awake at 5:30. What a day!