Thursday, October 7, 2010

8 months

Joseph is 8 months old today. I can't believe that time has flown by so quickly. He is growing so much and changing all the time. He is really developing a personality. I love how excited he gets when I tell him we are picking Samuel up from school and how he and Samuel laugh in the back seat when they are together. He isn't crawling yet, but I think it is soon. He can go backwards, but he just can't propel himself forward. I am not sad that he is not crawling yet though. I know it is time, but I like how he is still somewhat stationary and isn't into everything. I know the time is soon to come, but I also would like him to stay small and a baby as long as possible.

He is really becoming quite verbal and will say "Mama" and "Dada" a lot. His other new trick which I am not very happy about is biting. Biting only me and he is vicious. This morning for example he was nursing on my right boob and I was going to switch him to the other side. He looked up at me with his big beautiful brown eyes, smiled the sweetest adorable smile and while I was thinking about how lucky I am to have such a beautiful sweet baby he leaned over and chomped on my nipple. I am not talking a little nip, it was a full on chomp. Of course I screamed really loudly which scared the shit out of Joseph, which led to full on screaming and crying from Joseph. However that only lasted a few seconds because then he gave me the big smile again and then started nursing. Do you think he knew what he was doing? I think so. He is already becoming manipulative. I guess he is learning early from his brother. Anyway, his new thing is when he isn't hungry instead of just turning his head away or just down right refusing to eat, he takes a snap at me. I am actually nervous now every time I go to feed him because I never know if I am going to be attacked by his razor sharp two little teeth. I am fearing more teeth coming in, which I also know is coming soon because he has had explosions in his diaper for the last two days. Nice.

On the Samuel front, today when I picked him up from school I asked him what he did. Normally his answer is "I don't know." Today he started talking and telling me some things he did in school and I really think it was in Spanish. I had asked him what he ate for lunch and if he had anything to drink. He said something and then I caught the last word he said and it was "Leche". I called Dave right away and I asked him what the word for milk was in Spanish and he said it was in fact "leche." How exciting is that?! It is scary to think that my 2 and a half year old knows more then me already and it is only going to happen more often.

Well, I have to go to try to put Joseph down for a nap.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

You should do Rosetta Stone and learn, chica!

Buen trabajo, Samuel!