Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Busy Weekend

We had a wonderful and busy weekend.

We celebrated Dave's birthday on Thursday, by having Mexican food for dinner and ice cream for dessert. Samuel was so excited for Dave to blow out his candles. On Saturday we picked up Oma and Opa at the airport and hung out and relaxed. Oma made Halloween place mats for us and a train pillow case for Samuel. Sunday we went to see Thomas the Train (see below).

Here are some pictures.

Cute picture of Joseph and George:

Birthday evening. All my boys:

I found out earlier in the week that Thomas the Tank Engine was going to be in Granite City, IL. I got tickets for all of us to see Thomas. Samuel had so much fun with all of us. You can just see his face in all the pictures. I think Joseph had a great time too. The one thing I love about being a parent is being able to experience new and exciting things through my kids. Just seeing the excitement in Samuel's eyes made the event so much fun. Here are pictures:









Here are a few pictures of the house this morning. They are getting ready to pour the foundation tomorrow. It is so exciting.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I (we) had a great time! I'm proud of you and Dave. As a grandparent, it's really nice to know that the kids are so wonderfully loved and cared for. Thanks for being who you are.

OPA

Mom said...

The picture of Dave and the boys is adorable. Looks like you had a great time seeing Thomas the train. The house is really coming along, can't wait to see it. Love you, Mom

megan said...

Love it!!

Laura and Jonathan said...

Samuel boots are priceless! I love that little guy so much. And Joseph is quite the looker these days. What a cutie! I'm having newphew withdrawals, if you can't tell. Can't wait to see you all this weekend!!!

And I still need to see the "house," or at least the foundation, in person soon. We'll have to get together once things settle down after this weekend.

Love you all!