Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekly Doctor Appointments

I am now going to the doctor weekly, which means we are really in the homestretch.

I only gained 1 pound in two weeks, so I have gained a total of 32 pounds. So much less the last time, thank goodness. I am feeling pretty good also. I actually slept really well last night, only a few contractions, so I think I have caught up on a lot of sleep.

I am still only dilated about 1 cm, so nothing really changed in two weeks. When I delivered Samuel I did a semi-water birth (which was terrible at least for me because the tub didn't really have support and pushing was nearly impossible), anyway one of Samuel's shoulders got stuck and they had to yank me out of the water and then get him out. He was also 8 pounds which they said was pretty big for me. I remember my doctor telling me after he was born that with future pregnancies they are going to try to make sure the baby doesn't get that big. Because of that and the fact that I want to try and do natural child birth again next week when they do my exam they are going to begin to strip my membranes to try to get labor started earlier and naturally. I am sure it will be painful and uncomfortable, but what isn't painful and uncomfortable about labor. They aren't going to let me go over my due date, so if I haven't gone into labor by February 10th, they will induce me.

After my doctor's appointment yesterday, I am starting to feel much calmer and ready to have this baby. I think I have been in denial and really not mentally prepared at all. Being mentally prepared is really important, so I can really focus and relax especially if I am going to do the labor and delivery naturally again.

I feel very ready now. We will be having a baby in 22 days or less!

1 comment:

megan said...

holy crap! that sounds so soon! probably because it is. :) I'm glad you feel better about everything after the dr. appt. So exciting!!!