Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby does not like Veggies

The past couple of days we have been making healthy dinners with lots of veggies. Last night we made chicken and veggie kabobs (pictures below), it was mostly veggies and a little chicken. Anyway, I was in terrible pain last night. The baby hated dinner. I thought it tasted great, but it would not sit still. It kicked and moved more last night then it has my entire pregnancy. Yesterday, I am pretty sure that the baby dropped a little because I began having some really sharp pains pretty low, then with the movement last night I was miserable. I barely got any sleep and I was having two really strong contractions every hour. I am not eating many veggies today. I don't think my belly can handle it.

On a positive note, the food we have been making has been delicious.

Monday night we had Roasted Veggies Sandwiches with Mozzarella cheese:

We used: Red onion, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, squash, mushrooms and tomatoes. Fresh Mozzarella cheese and we bought a Tuscan loaf of bread from Whole Foods and sliced it into think slices (next time I will use a heartier bread because the juices from the veggies made the bread a little soggy).

We headed up our indoor grill to about Medium, lightly brushed all the veggies with good olive oil and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper. We grilled them about 4 minutes on each side until they were pretty cooked.

We lightly brushed both sides of the slices of bread with olive oil and seasoned with a little bit of garlic salt and basil. We grill both sides of the bread so it was nice and toasted. While on the grill we added the mozzarella cheese so it would melt a bit.

Then we assembled the sandwiches (we didn't grill the tomatoes) piled on all the veggies and ate it up. Here is the final product:




Chicken and Veggie Kabobs:

We used: Chicken, zucchini, squash, red onions, green red and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms and pineapple.

We tossed all the veggies and chicken in olive oil and a seasoning mix (which I think had paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder).

We loaded the skewers and then loaded them onto our indoor grill. It took about 30 minutes total to cook them all thoroughly.

I also made a packed of mixed brown rice, that Samuel LOVED. He ate tons of rice, chicken and pineapple. He even tried the zucchini. The first bite went down fine and the rest were spit out immediately.

Here are some pictures of the cooking process and final product:




Lastly, Samuel had to have cereal last night (maybe because he turned 22 months yesterday, he was ready to start acting like a big boy). We have never given him a bowl of cereal before with milk in it, but he was signing for milk when I gave him a bowl of the dry cereal, so I thought what the heck, he may like it. He LOVED it. He ate two pretty good size bowls. He ate with his spoon and barely made a mess. Dave and I were cooking the dinner last night and I looked back to see how Samuel was doing with his cereal and he had the bowl up to his mouth drinking the milk. I grabbed the camera as fast as I could and I got some great pictures. How did he know to do that? I couldn't tell you. Here are some pictures of our big boy:







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, I JUST DROOL AT YOUR FOOD. IT ALWAYS SOUNDS (AND LOOKS) SO GOOD. I SEE SAMUEL IS OUT OF HIS HIGH CHAIR AND IN THE BIG BOY CHAIR. IT GOES SO FAST. IN LOOKING AT YOUR GRILL, YOU COOK FOR AN ARMY, JUST LIKE ME. I AM BETTING IT IS A GIRL TOO AND I AM ALSO GOING TO BET YOUR GONNA HAVE HER VERY EARLY...GOOD THING YOU HAVE EVERYTHING READY TO GO. LOVE READING THE BLOG, KEEP THE POSTS COMING, AMIE

megan said...

Ok I started reading your post yesterday and it made me SO hungry that I had to stop. :) Seriously, that stuff looked awesome! And I love the pics of Samuel and his big boy cereal. I cannot believe he's almost 2. And almost a big brother!! Hope you're feeling good today. :)