Monday, January 11, 2010

Day of Pampering

I hate that the weekend just flew by. I can't believe that it is already Monday. It is a good thing I am going to be busy today. I get to drop Samuel off at Mother's Day Out, go to an appointment from 10-11, then at 11:30 I have a pregnancy massage, then a manicure and then a pedicure. I am so excited for an afternoon of pampering.

My back has really been killing me, so I can't wait for the massage.

It is still pretty cold here, but is supposed to warm up this week. We are having chili and corn bread tonight.

Tomorrow is Mexican night.

I haven't figured out food for the rest of the week, but maybe I will get some inspiration today.

I did make the yummiest quiche yesterday. I have never made one before and it was so good. I used a pre-made pie crust (because I had some leftover from the holidays). I poked holes in the crust, coated it with one egg white and then baked the crust for about 8 minutes and then let it cool for 10 minutes. Then I mixed five eggs and the remaining egg white together with a little pepper, Gruyere Cheese (about 2 cups), fresh spinach chopped, and Mascarpone Cheese (1/2 cup, 4oz). Then I poured it in the pie crust and cooked it for about 15 minutes, until the middle was set. I wish I took a picture because it was delicious.

Next time I might add Feta Cheese instead of Gruyere. You could use any cheese and add meat or anything. It was really delicious. Even Samuel and Dave ate some and neither one really like eggs. Yum!

For Christmas Samuel got some Play-Doh. He just got it yesterday from Dee and Jessica and we decided to let him play. I think at first Dave and I had more fun playing and Samuel was clueless, but then he discovered how to use the garlic press and was amused for almost 45 minutes. We took a little video. He was so serious about pressing the Play-Doh through. He is talking a little bit more lately and we got a little on video. He still isn't that clear with a lot of his language, but I think it is beginning. I have noticed he is picking up words from his mother's day out, some good and some bad.

(This is all for Samuel's baby book, so not really necessary for you all to read unless you want)

He says very clearly (should keep track because I know there is a lot more and I just can't remember):

Mine
Bye-Bye
Hello
Hi
Mom
Papa
Ouch
George
Juice
Fish
Ice
Bob (his other name for George)
Boob (for Bube, my grandmother and for the actual boob)
LaLa (for Aunt Laura)
Car
Choo-Choo (for train)
Tons of animal sounds
Blue
Yellow
Book
Pee
Poop
No
Yes
A, B

Other words that he says but not super clear:

Pocket (Pa-K)
Cheetah (some reason he loves to say that, I think it is because he loves eating Cheetoes)
Dada (he says Gaga, he hates saying dad and just prefers to sign it)
Taylor (Ta-Ta)
Oma (Ga-ma)
Opa (Ga-pa)
Savta (Sa-Ta)
Jonathan (J-na-tn)
He says Lu-ai all the time and we have no idea what it means
He said Ka-Ka last night non stop and we have no idea what he was saying it for.
Red

Okay that is enough for now. Here is the video.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fish is a start. Try Pole, bait, net, hook, worm. He'll have them all down pat pretty soon.

markandandrea said...

You forgot his throaty "hummus" sound.

I love the video and Samuel's cheesy smiles at the camera. When you first said garlic press with Play-doh I thought you let him use a real garlic press and I was just thinking how much of a headache it'd be to clean it out. I'm glad it was just a play one!

Sarah said...

You are right, I did forget hummus and while I am at it, I also forgot:

Thanks and Please

We will have to have the kids play with Play-doh. It kept Samuel busy for over an hour today. It was wonderful.

Mom said...

He also says "me". The video is so funny, I found myself watching it several times during the day and I always start laughing out loud.

megan said...

OMG he is so cute!!! I cannot wait to see you all in April. :) I cannot believe how many words he can say! Wow!

Your day of pampering sounds WONDERFUL! You lucky girl you. :)

Hope you're still feeling rested and pampered!

Laura and Jonathan said...

I'm so honored that "LaLa" made the list of official words! I definitely think it was all that bonding a couple summers ago with me bouncing him on that stinkin' exercise ball...good memories! And no offense, but I hope my new niece or nephew hates that ball! :-)

Love you guys! I need to come get some Samuel lovin' very soon!