Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day

It snowed last night, not much only a couple of inches, but the temperature dropped considerably. It is freezing outside. I think the high today is 11 and the windchill I believe makes it negative something. I think every school and day care is closed today. I was thinking this morning about how difficult it would be if I was working and I had Samuel in daycare. My old boss was terrible and told me that if I was working and Samuel got sick or needed to be taken to the doctor or we have a snow day for some reason, Dave would have to take off work. She was a big bitch and I am lucky that I don't have to deal with terrible bosses that would make my life miserable. These are the days that I feel really lucky to be able to stay at home.

Also, I am not sleeping at night at all. I am super uncomfortable, my lower back is killing me and the baby is kicking me non-stop in the middle of the night. It wasn't active at all during the day yesterday and then it just went nuts as soon as I got in bed. It is pretty active today which isn't make me feel so great. I am just worn out and being worn out means that my patience level is very low. I am not in the mood to deal with an active boy who wants my attention every second.

I am about to pop in a pregnancy workout video that my friend Andrea let me borrow. It says it helps with energy, back aches and just overall relaxes you, which is what I desperately need right now. I tried walking on the treadmill the other day and it feels great while I am working out, but then about an hour later, my back starts really hurting. I have to do something because I know it will make me feel better.

Earlier today, Samuel and I ventured outside, since it is a snow day. He loved every minute of it even though it was freezing. Here are some pictures:






Then at lunch today, he decided that he preferred to eat his food like this....crazy boy:


1 comment:

Charisa said...

Sorry to hear that you're uncomfy. Not too much longer now!

Most Day Care's don't close because working parents need them to stay open. Vance's school is open today, so is my sister-in-law's day care. Sucks for them because they have to brave the elements!

Was going to take Vance out to play in the snow, but it's too windy and cold - decided to fill the kitchen sink with snow instead and let him play there. Best of both worlds!

Hope you and Dave start feeling better soon!