Monday, January 25, 2010

Family Time and Doctor Appointment

This weekend we were very busy doing lots of family things. Since we don't have much time being just a threesome we decided this weekend we were going to pack full of fun activities with Samuel.

On Saturday, Dave and Samuel went to swim lessons, came home ate lunch together and then Dave put him down for a nap. I went and got my haircut, which felt so nice. Once Samuel woke up from his nap we went to the Dinosaur Exhibit at the Science Center. Even though I took Samuel one other time, I thought it would be fun to go as a family since Samuel liked it the first time. This second time he loved it even more. He was running around a pointing to the different dinosaurs and was much more into this time.

Then we rented Horton Hears a Who. Samuel actually sat through almost the entire movie and then went straight to bed. I think he was worn out from his long day.

See all Samuel's pointing at the Dinosaur exhibit:







On Sunday, we decided to go to the Museum of Transportation. I had heard that they had lots of trains there and Samuel is COMPLETELY OBSESSED with trains. He wakes up saying "Choo Choo" almost everyday. Yesterday he started saying "All Aboard". It was pretty funny. I tried to get him saying it on video but it wasn't clear at all. Anyway, the weather started to get cold yesterday and all of the trains were outside, but we figured we should try to go anyway. Samuel loved it. We got to walk through lots of the trains. It was actually really educational and fun. We will probably go back this summer when it is warmer and we think Samuel will like it better when he is a little bit older.









I had a doctor's appointment this morning. I haven't gained any weight. So I still have just gained 32 pounds. The baby is much less active now, it is barely moving probably because it has no room left. The heartbeat was 146. It hasn't ever been that low. I have been feeling really nauseous today and my appetite has gone way down. My contractions have slowed, but when they come on they are really strong. I told my doctor all my new symptoms and she said it sounds like my body is preparing. I did have an exam today and she said she stripped my membranes, but it really didn't feel any different then a regular pelvic exam, which isn't all that comfortable anyway. I have an appointment next Monday, but my doctor said she thinks she may see me this weekend. She said to think positive thoughts that the baby will come this weekend. I am pretty much ready. I started to feel really uncomfortable this past weekend. I am feeling really crampy right now. The weather has drastically changed overnight. It is freezing cold and it is supposed to snow Thursday and Friday, so I wouldn't be surprised it the baby made a January appearance. I will let you all know.


4 comments:

Charisa said...

Stripping of Membranes. This sounds horrible and makes me quiver every time I hear you mention it.

eeeeeee.......

Wow, this weekend? Exciting news! We can't wait! Yea!

Sarah said...

I know it sounds so gross doesn't it. Sounds worse then it actually was. Hopefully it will get things going and we will have this baby soon. Trying to relax and got to bed early.

markandandrea said...

Nooooo, not this weekend. I won't be here. Well, actually I suppose it doesn't make any difference because we wouldn't be visiting with you and the babe for at least a few days anyway.

Very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Rowan says he would be more than happy to share a Jan. 30 birthday with the newest Glasser! Hang in there Sarah, we'll be thinking positive thoughts. Is it bad that I think I could be ready to deliver next week too? I am doing awful with getting a belly this time around, it is slowing me down too much with Rowan. :)
-Steph