Monday, January 18, 2010

Is it close?

This past weekend we were pretty busy running errands and organizing. We packed our bag for the hospital, we bought a few more crib sheets and changing table sheets, we bought a new car seat and a double stroller.

Just for all you people planning on having a baby or buying a car seat, when we got Samuel's car seat we got the Chicco. It is a pretty popular brand and it was a great car seat. When you buy the original big package you get a stroller that comes with it. Well, Chicco is the only company that does not fit with any other brand of stroller. If you have a Chicco product you can only use Chicco strollers to clip the pumpkin seat into it. Well, we were planning to get a double stroller, where the pumpkin seat clips in and Samuel can still sit (and then eventually stand). Anyway, we find out that Chicco won't work with any and Chicco doesn't have any double strollers. So we just figured we would buy another pumpkin seat (which we got a Gracco) and then donate or sell our other car seat (which is in great condition).

I can't remember which double stroller we got, but there are two seats and then eventually the back seat turns into the sit and stand when Samuel is ready for that. We figured we would get the most use out of that one.

So other then shopping and organizing, Saturday to Sunday night I didn't sleep at all. I think I had a contraction every hour, so I was up all night. I was exhausted Sunday. My cough is better though. The medicine I am taking makes me a little sick to my stomach after I take it, but it is helping. Today is my last day for the medicine, so hopefully I will be all better in a few days.

Okay, so back to my Sunday...I was exhausted all day and I was having random contractions all day too. Normally I don't have many during the day, but I was probably having at least one an hour. During mid to late afternoon I didn't have any contractions. Then after dinner probably around 6 or so I started getting contractions again. By 8 they were getting closer and closer. From about 8 to 10:15 I had a contraction every 10 to 15 minutes. The baby was super active and going nuts and the contractions were getting progressively stronger. I was starting to freak a bit. I am not quite ready for this all the be happening. I think I had my last contraction at 10:15 and then it just stopped. The baby calmed down and barely moved and I finally relaxed. I slept pretty well last night, only going pee 3 times in the middle of the night (which is so much less then normal).

I have a doctor's appointment at 1:15 today, so I will tell her all about last night. Maybe I am dilated more. I am still not sure if the baby has dropped that much, because it still feels pretty high, but we will see what the doctor says.

My belly is pretty tired today. It was like I did hundreds of sit-ups yesterday. I am off to eat breakfast and relax.

2 comments:

markandandrea said...

Can't wait to hear how you're appt goes. The good thing is you will not be sick when the baby comes.

The sit and stand feature of the double stroller sounds nice! Taylor likes to stand on the front or back of the cart at the grocery store now, so I can see how that would be a good thing in a stroller.

megan said...

wow, that's exciting! Sorry to hear you're so exhausted, but it sounds like you're starting to get close. Keep us posted on what the doc says!!!