Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last night Samuel woke up twice, once at about 1 am and then at 4 am.  We let him cry it out.  He didn't cry for too long, which was nice of him.  Hopefully tonight he will be better, but we are not going in to deal with him.  He needs to sleep and so do we.  

I am almost 100% sure that Samuel is right handed.  He has been using a fork and spoon to eat now and he picks it up only with his right hand.  Sometimes he will switch it over to his left, but he consistently uses his right hand.  

I think tomorrow will be my last day to breastfeed Samuel.  For the last month I have only been breastfeeding him in the morning.  Since we have been gone almost the entire month of March, I figured that he had enough change going on and I didn't want to deal with trying to stop.  However, I am pretty much done.  I just have a feeling that he would never quit.  

So Megan asked about our trip to Europe.  We are leaving the end of April.  We are not taking Samuel.  He is staying with my parents for a week.  Dave's Great Aunt and Uncle are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in the Netherlands and they are having a big party.  So we are going for the party and will spend a few days in the Netherlands with Dave's family.  Then we are going to spend a few days in Paris, then take an overnight train to Rome.  I think we are spending two or three days in Rome.  We are so excited.  That is another reason why I have to quit breastfeeding ASAP.  I would like to have as much time as possible before we go, not breastfeeding.  

I better go, I have a child that just wiped oatmeal all over his face and hair.  I think he wants my attention.  

No comments: