Thursday, March 5, 2009

Birthday boy



My baby is 1 today.  I can't believe how time has flown by.  This has been such an amazing year.  It has been rewarding and extremely hard work, but I feel so lucky to be able to be home and see Samuel grow and change everyday.  I have seen all his firsts and I can't imagine what it would have been like to miss them.  Both Dave and I feel so blessed.  I couldn't have made it through this year without Dave and our family and friends.  Love you all.

Here are some pictures:

I took our running stroller out and Samuel was really excited to explore underneath it, until he got stuck.


This is the last time you all will see Samuel's hair like this.  I took this yesterday.  We are getting his haircut at lunch today!


Here is the birthday boy this morning:



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Birthday Samuel!! Can't wait to see you tonight.

megan said...

Happy Birthday Samuel! Wow, I cannot believe it's been a year already. Can't wait to see the new haircut! :)

Anonymous said...

Our grandson is one year old already! Remember last year all the snow...hoping to get to St Louis before the birth...can't to see him on this special day. love, oma and opa

Nicki said...

Happy Birthday Samuel! I hope you all have a great birthday celebration with everyone! :)

markandandrea said...

Yaaaaay! Happy Birthday, Samuel!

Sarah, it looks like you ran over your child with the stroller...almost like a shot right out of Wizard of Oz. Bet your glad you aren't sitting in a birthing tub today like last year ;)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Samuel! Have a ton of fun with all your family and give your momma a big kiss for all she has done for you over the past year.
Steph

Charisa said...

Happy Birthday Samuel! And congrats to you and Dave for surviving the first year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Samuel!

Sarah - enjoy them as they come. They grow up so fast.

love,
Missy, Ryan and Brandon