Monday, March 30, 2009

Highs and Lows

This weekend was full of highs and lows.  Mostly highs until last night.  

We went to Michigan on Saturday morning to surprise Dave's dad because Dave's mom had planned a surprise retirement party for him.  The flight was great.  Samuel slept almost the entire time.  We got into Michigan about an hour after the party started and I am pretty sure he was surprised to see us.  We also saw family from Canada: Aunt Irene, Uncle Butch and Uncle Joe. It was so nice.  It was a very short visit because we left on Sunday morning around 9:30.  

The flight again was perfect.  Samuel slept the entire time, we got home, ate a late lunch and relaxed for the evening.  

I don't know if the traveling bothers Samuel or what, but he had some serious digestive issues.  Samuel has never really had a diaper rash before.  His bottom will get red sometimes, but never too bad.  Last night it was terrible.  It was actually pretty disgusting and we felt terrible when we had to change his diaper.  We gave him a bath last night and this morning it looks much better.  

I think that Samuel is trying to fight off the cold that both Dave and I had.  He was coughing a lot last night and his nose was full of snot.  He could barely breathe.  He woke up last night at 10 pm, 2 am, 4 am and then he woke up at 7.  It was terrible.  I know he isn't feeling well, but I think he will be crying a little bit tonight.  I just can't handle the 3 times waking up in the middle of the night and neither can Dave.  We just can't function.  

I made a menu for the week last night. Samuel and I are about to head to the grocery store before his first nap.  

We aren't traveling at all for the next 3 weeks.  Thank goodness.  I am sick of flying and packing.  However, the end of April, Dave and I leave for Europe.  We can't wait!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

megan said...

Wait, you're going to Europe????? Where?? Did you tell me and I forgot?? Glad to hear the trip to MI was nice! (And Congrats, Mr. Glasser!) Sorry to hear Samuel wasn't doing too well last night. I hope he gets better ASAP!!