Thursday, March 12, 2009

We have been having some rough nights for about a week now.  Samuel is teething again.  He is waking up every night at around 3 am.  That is almost exactly 8 hours from the time we give him the Advil.  We can't get him to calm down.  Last night he woke up at 2:45  and cried until about 4 am.  We went in his room a couple of times and he fell back asleep, but then he woke up yelling "Ma-Ma".  At about 4:15  Dave brought him into bed with us and he fell back asleep until about 6:45.  Tonight we are going to give him Tylenol and let him cry.  I hate to do that, but I know he has developed a bad habit and just expects that we are going to go in and rock him.  

This morning when we got up I was in the kitchen and I heard Samuel in the dining room.  He was at his high chair and banging on the seat.  Then he picked up the tray on the front and brought it to me in the kitchen.  I asked him if he was hungry and he smiled a huge smile.  I put his bib on him and he walked right to his high chair and tried to start climbing up into it.  I guess he knows what he wants.  

I said before that Samuel hides food in his high chair.  I assumed it was for George later.  However, yesterday after I got him out of his chair (after he refused to eat), he went straight for the food he had hidden in his chair.  He and George were fighting over the food he left in his chair.  It was pretty funny to see Samuel pushing George away to get to his food.  

I am off to drink more coffee.  It is one of those days.

1 comment:

megan said...

I love the high chair story! :) So funny. I hope the teething and sleeping gets better soon!!