Thursday, March 19, 2009

Questions

So I am wondering if a one year old can already be entering his terrible twos?  Samuel is throwing fits, screaming if he doesn't get his way, arching his back when I pick him up and tell him no, running away from me when I tell him no, testing every boundary and I guess I could continue with the list.  I am just going to continue to do what I have been doing.  It isn't like I am going to stop disciplining him.  I don't think he would cooperate with time-out yet.  

Oh well.  He just has so much energy.  I turn my back for a second and he is all the way up the stairs.  He is getting really fast and is starting to run.  If he knows he shouldn't be doing something and I start to walk over to him, he takes off running in the other direction.  It is frustrating, but I can't help but laugh at the same time.  

I am planning on going for a run this afternoon.  That will get us out of the house and keep us busy.  

Have a great Thursday.

6 comments:

Charisa said...

I'm thinking he's figured out a lot since he's been able to walk. He's found a new independence and he's testing out how far he can go! I suggest staying strong and not giving in to his tantrums. He'll learn! I think you're right about the time outs, too early to have meaning for him.

Have fun on your run! Are you wanting to do the 5K with us? Let me know if you want more info. I think it's on April 18.

Anonymous said...

After all, Miss Sarah, he is advanced according to his Savta....

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

wouldn't you be worried he he didn't test the waters?

Sarah said...

Who was the anonymous post from?

It is true, since he has been walking he wants to get into the everything.

They don't allow strollers at the 5K. Dave and I will have to make a decision soon. I would love to run it. I easily ran 2 miles this morning. Charisa, I will let you know.

Anonymous said...

Not that I am happy to hear Samuel is doing this, but it confirms my own craziness right now too. Rowan is pulling the same stunts with me. Add to it that when I tell him no, he will look at me and then bang his head on whatever is nearby! Gotta love it. I was just talking to my mom about it all this week and asking the same thing as far as is it too early for the terrible two's. We are in for FUN! Hang in there. What about time outs for the moms??? :)
-Steph K.