Monday, November 3, 2008

We made it

I am surprisingly not that sore today.  My mom and I did the half-marathon walk in 2 hours and 53 minutes.  I was determined to get in under 3 hours and I wasn't going to cross the finish line without my mom.  We made it in really good time, I think since it was my first half-marathon ever.  The course was through Clayton and Forest Park and wow there were a ton of hills, but I felt great.  My back in between my shoulder blades is sore, my hips and the top of my feet are a little sore, but other then that I feel great.  I am ready to do another one.  

When we got home from the race Dave made us this awesome flank steak dish.  (Thanks for the recipe Amie!)  It was sooo good.  I will post the recipe later, I thought I brought it downstairs, but I didn't.  

Not only did I walk a half-marathon, I got new pots and pans.  We needed them desperately and we got some yesterday at Crate and Barrel.  We bought a Calphalon 8 piece Set with Infused Anodize and it came with 2 bonus pieces.  We didn't know it at the time but there is also a $100.00 rebate that I need to send in, but the whole things was only $400.00.  I think it is a great deal because if we bought each pan individually it would have been over $1,000.00.  Anyway I thought we got a great deal.  

I am off to do stuff around the house.  Here are some pictures from the weekend.

They look so serious: 
Savta, Papa and Samuel:
Here we are after the race:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you for finishing your first (yes, I think you'll do more!) half marathon! I can't wait to run one together. :) Way to go!!!