Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I woke up this morning and was actually really excited to vote this year.  I went to the polling booth and I couldn't wait to vote.  No matter what happens in this election it is going to change the United States forever.  We are going to have either the first African American President or the first woman as Vice-President.  It a really exciting time.  We won't be staying up to see what happens though.  By the time the west coast is done voting it would be way to late.  Plus if it is close all the absentee ballots will have to be counted.  Should be exciting.  

I don't know about anyone else, but this time change has really bothered me.  Normally when the clocks are turned back an hour it is wonderful, but not when you have a baby who doesn't know time.  Samuel has been going to bed at his normal time, but he wakes up at around 4 am every morning.  I normally feed him and then he goes back to bed until 6:30 and is wide awake.  That is just way too early for me, especially when he is up at 4.  I think this weekend we are going to have to work on getting through that period of time waking up because I am sick of it.  

The last couple of days have been beautiful.  Yesterday Samuel and I went to the park and he loved the swing.  It is funny because he HATED the swing we had for him as a baby and preferred the bouncy seat, but he loves the real swing.  Here are some pictures below.  

As a side note, today I put Samuel down for his nap and he started snoring really loudly.  I called Dave and put the monitor up to the phone.  He was like, "what the heck is that?"  I told him that it was his son snoring and I can't believe that he has picked that up from his dad.  I only snored when I was pregnant and occasionally when I haven't had a lot of sleep, but that is it.  

I am ready to take a nap right now.  Happy voting everyone.   



No comments: