Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Update on Doctor's Appointment

Samuel does not have an ear infection and there is nothing wrong with him except for the fact that he is teething like crazy.  The doctor looked in his mouth and said, "wow, those middle two are about to come in.  I think there may be more on the way too."  Just what I wanted to hear.  He told me that Samuel is probably in a lot of pain (no shit) and may need some reassurance in the middle of the night (not good), but not to spend too much time in his room (I would prefer to spend NO time in his room).  So our plan tonight is for Dave to just go in and pat him and leave (hopefully it won't take too long for him to go back to sleep).  I am hopeful that he will go back to sleeping better in the next few days.  If not, I will have to kill him.

So, as I mentioned in a previous post, we have been trying to give Samuel a little bit of formula, just to get him used to it.  When Dave and I go to Vegas the end of the year, I am not sure I will have enough breastmilk frozen to last the entire time we are gone.  Anyway, we got him Enfamil LIPIL formula and he would eat it in his rice cereal but wouldn't touch it in a bottle.  Then this past weekend we got an organic soy kind.  He ate it right away in his rice cereal, then tonight Dave gave him a 2 oz bottle when I wasn't home and he ate it all.  I guess he just didn't like the taste of the other kind.  We are going to try to give him 2 oz everyday in a bottle with his dinner.  Hopefully he will be used to it by the end of December and it will make life easier for everyone.  

I am off to watch some TV.  You are right Charisa, I can't wait for Top Chef!!!!


No comments: