Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Warning - Long Post

I haven't posted in a while because we have been out of town since last Friday.  On Friday, September 5th (which by the way was Samuel's 6 month birthday. I can't believe how old he is getting!) we left for Canada for Dave's cousin Kristin's wedding.  We were very worried about how Samuel was going to do on his first flight, especially since it was out of the country, but he did wonderful.  

He woke up late on Friday, so we were able to keep him up a little past his first nap time and I fed him during take off and he fell asleep.  He slept the majority of the flight.  He basically did the same thing on the way home.  Thank goodness he behaved himself.  We were really worried.  

More updates:

We gave Samuel bananas last week.  He HATED them.  He tolerated them by the end of the week, but he still didn't like them.  Last night we gave him prunes.  He LOVED them.  He was screaming because I couldn't feed them to him fast enough.  (I have pictures of the banana eating, so I will post them later).

We had Samuel's 6 month doctor's appointment yesterday.  We decided that we are going to split up his shots.  He is going to get about 2 a month.  I just don't feel comfortable giving him 4 or 5 shots at a time.  They wanted to give him 5 shots yesterday and I said no way.  How can that be good for his little system.  Anyway, here are his stats:

Height: 26.75 in (64%)
Weight: 18 lbs 15 oz (76%)
Head Circ: 43.25 cm (36%) -I am sure some of you are wondering how in the world he could have such a small head when he is the son of Dave.  I am wondering the same thing myself.  

We also asked the doctor if he thought Samuel would keep his blue eyes and he said he should.  We think his eyes are getting lighter blue.  We would love it if he kept them.  

There were tons of things I was planning on writing about, but now I can't think of them.  I will post pictures from the weekend in a new post.  

No comments: