Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I feel like I am starting to come out of my cloud.  For the last 6 and a half months I haven't gotten more then 3 hours of sleep at one time.  I was starting to wonder if I would ever get a good night sleep again.  Well, for the last 3 nights Samuel has slept from about 7:30 pm to 5:45 am straight.  I have been going to bed around 9:30 pm.  I wake up a few times in the middle of the night wondering if I hear him, but I normally go right back to sleep.  That is about 7.5 to 8 hours of sleep.  I feel like a new woman.  I have been drinking less coffee and I have so much more energy.  
Yesterday I biked 5 miles and ran 2 miles.  Then today I ran 3 miles and did a little bit of weights.  I feel so much better.  

I have set a few goals for myself.  I think I want to try doing a Sprint Triathlon.  Dave and I are going to be getting bikes soon.  With Dave's knee surgery he wants to start biking because that will be easier on his knees.  My dad used to do the MS 150 (which is a bike charity ride for muscular sclerosis).  Anyway I think my Dad, Dave and I are going to try to do it in 2009.  I really needed something to get me motivated to get back into shape.  I have no idea when we are going to get our bikes, but hopefully soon.  

Last night I had a meeting at Woman's Place (I am on their advisory board) from 5:30 to 6:30.  Dave was watching Samuel and I knew that he would be getting cranky because it was close to his bedtime.  Anyway, when I got home I got him all ready for bed and then I sat down to feed him.  I think he actually missed me while I was gone.  He kept looking up at me and staring at me and smiling.  It was the cutest thing ever.  Then he curled up against me, nuzzling his face into my arm and chest and fell asleep.  I didn't want to put him down.  He has never done that before and I was in love.  It is moments like those that I am so happy to be a mother.   

1 comment:

Charisa said...

glad to hear you're getting your groove back and feeling better!