Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF

Here are a few updates from yesterday and today:

Yesterday Samuel took a 2 hour nap in the morning (Hip Hip Hooray)
Then he got me back by only taking a 45 minute nap in the afternoon and then proceeded to scream, cry, throw tantrums and require to be held from 2 - 4.  
He then passed out from yelling so much around 4.  I was walking around holding him and he just passed out, so I sat down on the cough and I also fell asleep.  He wore me out. 

Samuel is definitely my child.  He has quickly learned to throw tantrums.  I put him in his exersaucer because I could not hold him anymore.  He jumped up and down in it, kicked his feet and banged his hands on all the toys and screamed all at the same time.  It was quite a sight. Earlier in the morning he was really tired and put him in his crib and he also kicked his legs and arms on the mattress.  The thing is, I could get really frustrated and upset, but it is actually pretty humorous.  

My mom told me that one day I would have a child that would act just like me and I would understand how difficult I was.  Well, I think I have a clue now.  I can't wait for him to start talking!

A few more things:

Samuel has learned to flirt.  He turns his head to the side and bats his eyes and acts like he is shy, which clearly if you have met him you know he isn't.  I don't know where he picked that up from.  

Dave and I decided that it is clearly time for Samuel to be sleeping all night long.  So last night we decided that we were going to let him cry.  He woke up at 12:30 am, Dave went in and patted him and he went back to sleep about 2 minutes later.  He woke up again at 4 am and Dave had to go in 3 times and pat him. It took him less then 45 minutes to fall back asleep.  He didn't cry continuously for 45 minutes, but it took him that long to completely go back to sleep.  Then he slept until 7:15 am.  It was wonderful.  We are going to stick to this plan for the rest of the weekend and hopefully by Sunday night he will sleep all night long.  

Lastly, I have worked out 3 days in a row.  I feel so much better.  I am meeting a group on Sunday morning around 8 am for a 3 mile run.  The group is going to train for a half-marathon.  Not sure if I will be doing that, but at least I can run with them and it will motivate me.  

That is it for now.  Have a great weekend everyone.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to reiterate that I will run a half marathon with you if you decide you want to train for one! :) Have a great run and congrats on the night's sleep!

Sarah said...

Yea for Samuel and sleep!! Could you come help me train my dogs not to wake up at 6am on Saturday? Can't wait to see Samuel at Thanksgiving!! and Love the posts!