Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm just being honest

I am having one of those relaxing mornings.  I was really in the mood for coffee, so now I am on my second cup.  It is nice just to relax and enjoy not running around and stressing.  

Yesterday I swam for 30 minutes.  Holy shit, swimming is hard.  I thought my lungs and heart were going to explode.  I didn't swim for 30 minutes straight, I think I probably would have died.  I had to take many breaks, but at least I got in the pool.  It was actually nice and relaxing, but I am not a good swimmer at all.  I took Samuel to the daycare for an hour.  It is bad when people who don't see him very often are ready to hand him back over after only an hour.  The lady at the daycare was very nice, but said he was very cranky for the last 30 minutes.  I had a feeling he was starting to teeth again, but I didn't want to give him any medicine until I was convinced.  Well, the lady at the daycare said, she thought for sure he was teething.  She said he wanted to put everything hard in his mouth, he was drooling profusely and he was super cranky.  Great! Just when he starts sleeping through the night.

The Parents as Teachers lady came by yesterday.  Although Samuel had been screaming like crazy for the 30 minutes before she came over, he was in a great mood for the first 45 minutes she was at our house.  She said he was doing great and she didn't believe us that he had been cranky before she came over.  Well, he wasn't about to let her leave without showing his true colors.  He got really cranky the last 15 to 20 minutes before she left.  Of course she told us too that she thought he was teething.  Jesus people, like we don't know.  

Back to some positive things.  My mom and I have decided that we are going to walk a half marathon.  It is November 2nd in Clayton.  We have signed up and now I really have to get in shape.  I think my brother is going to try to run it.  There is no way I would attempt that right now. 

I got Dave half of his birthday gift yesterday.  I would tell you all what I got, but he reads this thing, so I don't want to give it away.  I know he will be super excited and me too.  After I give it to him, I will let you all know what it was.  

I have to be honest.  Now that Samuel is 6 months old, I really do love him!  The first 6 months I liked him, but I really didn't enjoy the first 6 months.  They were really really hard. Everyone told me to get through the first 6 weeks, then when those weeks passed they said to just get through the first 3 months.  Whatever. I say, just get through the first 6 months.  Samuel is so much more fun, interactive and loving.  The only thing I liked about the first 6 months was ... actually, I didn't really like the first 6 months much at all.  Okay, so having a little cuddly baby is really nice.  But now I am really enjoying every minute of motherhood.

This morning it was close to his first nap.  I was holding him and he was sucking his thumb (he normally does that right before he goes down for a nap) with his head on my shoulder, his other hand was rubbing my face.  All of the sudden he looked up at me and went open mouthed toward my left cheek, then he licked my entire side of the face (he thinks that is the way to kiss because that is how George kisses him).  Then he grabbed my face and licked the right side of my face, then to finish it off he licked my nose.  Sounds gross, but it was the cutest thing ever.  Then he put his head back on my shoulder and went back to sucking his thumb.  

He is starting to wake up from his nap, so I am off.  

1 comment:

Charisa said...

too cute! so many more precious moments to come too! wait until he asks for you to hold his hand while walking or just puts his little hand in yours for that matter. or the first time he tells you that he loves you..can go on and on! glad you're enjoying it!