Tuesday, April 1, 2008

As I mentioned yesterday I got on the treadmill and ran for a bit. I am so out of shape. My legs are hurting today. I should get back on today, but I am not too motivated.

Yesterday was very interesting at my hairdresser. I got my hair trimmed and highlighted. Samuel was really good up until the very end. Then he started screaming. I brought a bottle with me to feed him because I knew we would be cutting it close with the feeding times. He would not take the bottle at all. He just screamed at the top of his lungs and I couldn't get him to calm down at all. I had to shove him back in the car seat and get out quickly. I pulled out money to pay my hairdresser and now I am slightly worried that I paid too much. I was so flustered that I think I counted out my money correctly with a good tip, but I am not sure. I might have paid her $20 more then I had planned on, but I guess next time I will just have the money ready, so I am not flustered.

This whole baby thing is really difficult. I knew it was going to be hard, but I guess I didn't expect it to be this difficult. I know Samuel is a good baby, but my goodness he gets so cranky. It seems like he is perfect until someone comes over or we go out somewhere. He breaks out in crying spells and will not stop. I feel terrible for the people that come over to see him. I want other people to hold him, but he starts crying like a madman and then the people just give him right back. It doesn't matter if I feed him right before I know we are having guests or I get him to fall asleep before people come over. Inevitably he will wake up, look at the person and the crying begins. Any advice from anyone? I know I can't control a baby, but my goodness we are feeling a little trapped.

Does anyone watch the Real Housewives of New York. I just turned the TV on today and that show was on. What is wrong with these people. They are so shallow.

Can someone tell me who was kicked off of Top Chef. I had to turn the TV off last Wednesday right before I found out who got kicked off. I will need a little description of the person as well. I am having a hard time keeping track of whose who on this season. I still haven't picked my favorite. Most of the people annoy me. I would love to be able to whip out meals like those chefs.

4 comments:

Charity said...

Congrats Sarah-he is so cute. Love the pictures of him :) Thanks for the good luck comment!!!! I just took my state test today and passed-Yippee. Back to regular life now-take care
Charity

Charisa said...

I'm sure you're tired of hearing advice from me...but here's some more!

First of all, can't wait to see your hair! I'm sure the highlights look amazing!

I feel the same way about Top Chef. Mostly ll annoying. The guy who got kicked off was Erik (I totally had to look that up. I didn't know his name either). He was a bigger, white, bald guy. Wore a big gold necklace at times and a black rimmed hat that looked too small. Huge attitude.

I could handle the Housewives of Orange County, but the NY ones are awful. I agree with you totally. They seem to be trying way too hard for the cameras and are unbearable to watch.

I think you and Samuel will find your groove, maybe will just take a little more time. and hopefully as he gets a little older and more of a schedule is formed it will get better. don't know if you're feeding on demand or not, but the only thing that kept me sane (which is debatable, hah!) was getting Vance on a schedule.

I applaud you for being so brave and taking him to your hair appointment. I don't think I went anywhere alone and in public with Vance until he was months old!

Sarah said...

Congrats Charity on passing the state test. I am sure that is a relief.

Charisa, I completely agree with you about the Orange County Housewives. I could handle watching them and actually enjoyed watching that show, but I can't stand the NY ones. I think there was a marathon on yesterday, so I am pretty sure I watched every single episode. Samuel didn't sleep much yesterday, so I had to keep myself entertained. Even though I couldn't stand those women, I couldn't stop watching the show.

Thanks for the update on Top Chef. I had a feeling he was going to get kicked off. I really hate one of the guys, he is kind of mousey and has a serious attitude. I think he said last episode that "This is my house and you will have to drag me out of here." I can't stand that guy.

Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it. This is all new for me, so I have no idea what I am doing.

Anonymous said...

Sophia has been and still is a just look do not touch baby. Ever since I can remember she has hated for other people to hold her and even sometimes look at her. Our pedicatrician said she was to young for separation anxiety, when it all began, and now she is apparently at the height of this emotional development. I wish I could share some secret, but all I can do is empathize. OUt circle fo who she will let touch her is small, so I just try to keep her around those people as much as possible, so that I have some relief sometimes.

Josh's Grandma(who is on the do not touch list) did make me feel better, she just said babies are babies, that is what babies do. Trite but it made me feel that it is normal, and it is.

This too shall pass and you will move on to new challenges and overcome the old. One day you will want him to only want you!

Just keep taking Samuel out and take deep breaths when things don't go so well. But I do agree that schedules do help. You will learn his best time of day for outings and guests, and then can plan accordingly.

Love,

Jamie