Saturday, April 12, 2008

Been a While

It has been a while since I posted last.  Things have been pretty busy around our house.  Samuel barely slept on Thursday during the day and then didn't sleep at all on Thursday night.  He was up pretty much every hour.  Then on Friday I thought he would crash during the day, but oh no, he was up all day yesterday too.  By last night he was so tired and he couldn't stop crying.  He barely would eat because he was so exhausted.  For some reason he really enjoys my singing, I have no idea why, it actually hurts my ears, but I started to sing songs to him last night and he calmed down, ate and then slept for about 3 and a half hours.  He was so tired last night that when I went in to feed him he barely ate before he was passed out.  He didn't even really struggle when I swaddled him.  My feedings in the middle of the night, including changing him and putting him back in his crib only took 30 minutes.  It was pretty nice for me because I never fully woke up, so I was able to fall back asleep pretty quickly.  

Dave and I have been waiting since 10 am for a plumber to come by our house to put in 3 new faucets and to check our kitchen faucet and garbage disposal.  I had noticed that it was wet under the sink and I thought we had a leak, but then Dave checked it out and said it was fine.  Then last night he checked again and sure enough we have a leak.  So we called the plumber and he was supposed to come by this morning.  It is now 12:30 pm and he still isn't here.  He called around 10:30 and said he would be about an hour late because one of his friends car died, then he called again and said he wouldn't be here until around 1.  So much for running all our errands today.  I asked Dave if the guy sounded young on the phone because I have a feeling he got wasted last night and is running late because he is hung over.  I am sorry "my friend's car died" is not a good excuse.  I know I should probably give him the benefit of the doubt, but I just don't believe his story.  I will let you know if he does good work, once he shows up.  

In the meantime though I cleaned the entire kitchen (except moping the floor), vacuumed the entire house, did all the laundry and will soon organize pictures.  I feel like the day has been pretty successful.  

Update:  The plumber just called and will be here in 5 minutes.  Yipee!  

I finally got Samuel to smile when I was using the video camera.  We are going to by a cable today so i can download the video to our computer, then I can post it, hopefully.    

I better go.  Have a great weekend.  

No comments: