Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sleep!

Oh my goodness, Samuel slept for 4 hours at one time last night.  I fed him around 8 pm and he seemed fast asleep, so we wrapped him up and put him in his bed around 8:30.  I figured I would be up again at 10:30, so I got in bed to take a little nap.  He didn't wake up until 12:30! It was wonderful, except that my boobs were huge and rock hard.  I was so happy to feed him.  I changed him and fed him, but he barely ate on both boobs and went back to sleep by 1 am.  Then he woke up again at 3:30, I again fed him (but he didn't eat too much), was back asleep by 4:30 and slept until 6:30.  I fed him again and he slept until 8:45.  that is the most sleep I have gotten.  I am sure you all are sick of hearing me talk about Samuel's sleep patterns, but right now that is the most exciting thing that I can talk about.  Oh, I think we figured out that he sleeps better when he is a little cold.  We have been putting the ceiling fan on low in his room and that has kept him sleeping.  He has got some hot blood.  Dave and I are freezing at night and he is either comfy or hot.  We are starting to figure this all out.  I think we are going to try to make his bedtime around 8 pm.  We will see how that works.  

So far this morning we went to the grocery store.  First time to go to the grocery store by ourselves.  It was very productive and easy.  Samuel was up for just a little bit and then fell asleep.  He gets so hot though in his car seat, so by the time we got home he was screaming and burning hot.  I didn't even have a blanket or anything on him.  So we went and stood outside for a while.  He cooled down pretty quickly.  He is taking a nap right now.  It is really cool in our basement, so he is fast asleep right next to me.  

I am going to check my email and maybe do a little work before he wakes up.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say that the first 3 months are straight survival and all success and failure of a day depends on the baby sleeping. Hang in there, sleep will come.

Have a good one.

Jamie