Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend

Savta and Papa came in town this weekend. It was nice as always. Last week was somewhat horrible with Samuel. He cried all the time and wouldn't sleep at all. I was looking forward to this past weekend so my parents could help out with him. Of course he was super good and barely cried and slept better then he has in weeks. Dave and I were worried that as soon as Sunday rolled around and they left he would go back to his old self.

I took my parents to the airport with Samuel because we were hoping that he would fall asleep in the car and we could just transfer him to his bed when I got home, well that didn't happen. You know those Boppy head rest things, they are the really soft material and are supposed to support the head in the car seats, etc. Well I put that in his car seat yesterday. On my way back from the airport he started screaming at the top of his lungs and did not stop for about 10 minutes. I wasn't about to pull over and find out what his deal was, but I figured he was hot. I rolled down his window a bit and hurried home. When I got home, we pulled him out of the car seat and he was soaking wet. He was sweating so badly. I have never seem him sweat so much. Dave held him outside for a while to cool him down. It took a good hour or so for him to calm down and cool down. We felt terrible. Anyway, I fed him and we wrapped him and put him down for bed at 10:15 and he slept until 1:45. We turned the ceiling fan on in his room because we were worried he was still hot and he slept awesome. He slept so well last night and so far this morning has been wonderful.

This weekend Samuel started to smile. He looks so cute. My dad was able to snap the end of one off his smiles and I have attached the picture.


(For some reason, it doesn't matter what I do, I can't get the picture to turn the other way.  You will have to turn your head again, sorry!).  

Today he has been smiling a lot, but mostly he is smiling when George comes around him. I put Samuel in a bouncy seat and George came up and gave him a few licks and he went crazy smiling and I swear he was about to start laughing too. I really think laughing may soon be around the corner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the best weekend with Samuel, Dave and you. We miss him so much and can't wait to come back so we can hold him and kiss him. He has changed so much and it's so sad that we can't see him everyday!! Thanks again for a wonderful weekend.

Charisa said...

we had one of those head rest things for vance too. it made him so hot, but i thought he needed it, blah, blah, blah... one hot day deb finally ripped it out because vance was sweating so bad. it was never put back in the car seat.

glad you guys had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

he has changed so much....sometimes he looks like you, and sometimes like david...can hardly wait to see him. hope this week is better for you ...oma