Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4 weeks

I can't believe it, but Samuel is 4 weeks today. I didn't mention this before, but Samuel has a second cousin, Brody who is exactly 2 weeks younger then him, so Happy 2 weeks Brody!

So my cousin Nicki and I started trying to have kids around the same time, I think it was around 2005. Neither one of us could get pregnant. It was miserable, but at least we had each other to bitch and complain to. So in June 2007 when I found out I was pregnant, she was one of the first that I told. About 2 weeks later she emailed me and said she just found out she was pregnant too. I think it is completely crazy and amazing that it took us both so long to get pregnant and now we have kids only 2 weeks apart. Now we can share all the stories and experiences of our kids. I think it is a blessing!

It is now almost 2 and I just now got Samuel to fall asleep. He has been up since about 9 am and has taken a few 5 to 10 minutes naps, but then would wake up screaming. I fed him around 1:15 or so and then swaddled him. He was wide awake when I swaddled him and he didn't even fight me and then when I set him down in the pack n play he was wide awake but not screaming. So I walked away for a second and he was out. Thank goodness. I need to clean the kitchen, write some thank you notes, vacuum and finish doing the laundry. I think I want to beat up anyone that says that a stay at home mom doesn't work hard. I would like to see them try and do all this work.

I am pooped, so I am going to go for now. Have a great Wednesday. The week is almost over!

4 comments:

Charisa said...

Sarah, you're supposed to "sleep when your baby sleeps"! Hah! I love that one! I know you feel like you have a lot to get done, but take a nap! You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

happy 4 weeks!!! I can't believe it's been that long already!

xo, megan

Sarah said...

I have tried to sleep when he sleeps and by the time I fall asleep he is up, then I am more tired. I didn't get anything done yesterday. He woke up in 15 minutes. I tried sleeping this morning and only got in 15 minutes again. This sleep stuff sucks. I just keeping telling myself that it will get better soon.

Anonymous said...

it will get better, it just doesn't happen soon enough, make sure savta and oma help you with the sleeping thing....love,oma