Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I haven't posted in a while.  We have been really busy.  Oma and Opa came in town this past weekend.  It was a nice, relaxing and FAST weekend.  Samuel decided not to sleep very much this weekend, but I think he was just excited to see his Oma and Opa and didn't want to waste his time sleeping.  Dave and I got to spend about 4 hours together on Saturday during the day alone.  It was a nice break.  We ran lots of errands, went out to lunch and I had a glass of wine with lunch.  It was wonderful.  

The beginning of this week has been pretty good.  Yesterday Samuel and I went on a long walk about 3 mile.  He stayed awake for the entire first mile and then passed out.  I was a little stressed yesterday.  I spoke at Saint Louis University to one of their nursing classes.  It was a Family Violence Class and I talked about Orders of Protection and Child Orders of Protection.  I had to talk for about 40 minutes.  I talked non- stop for 30 and then I was expecting some questions and I really didn't have any.  I think I did a horrible job.  The students in the class were really young and they were looking at me like I was an idiot.  Oh well.  This was my first time speaking to a group of people about family law issues.  Hopefully I will be asked back at some point and I will do a better job.  

Today I was planning on doing this Mommy Boot Camp thing.  But it started raining and it got cancelled.  It is a outdoor class that lasts 50 minutes, so I had a feeling it was going to be cancelled.  Hopefully the weather will be good on Thursday and we will have class then.  

Samuel woke up at 5:30 and did not want to go back to sleep.  So we got up and I made Dave and I smoothies for breakfast.  It was yummy.  I put frozen mangoes, strawberries and blueberries and I used a strawberry banana juice and blueberry yogurt.  It was tasty.  

I am super lazy today.  I don't feel like doing much.  A parent educator from the Parents as Teachers program is coming by at 4:15 today.  I have no idea what she is going to do, but I will let you know.  

I am pretty boring lately.  Sorry!  Hopefully you all are more exciting.   

No comments: