Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Quick Post

I have to be quick because Samuel just started to stir upstairs.  I thought he would be asleep for much longer.  Dave is in the shower, so I can't yell at him to pick Samuel up.  

Samuel is really starting to smile today.  I think he is actually smiling at me and not just randomly smiling.  Here was the first smile of the day:  I fed him and he seemed pretty happy, so I put him in his pack n play so I could get some breakfast.  While I was in the kitchen I heard some very loud gas being passed in the other room (side note: Do your kids have the loudest farts or is it just mine?  Holy cow they are amazing).  Anyway, I knew that the sounds coming form the other room meant that a diaper change was in order.  So as I approached him, he let another loud one loose and boy did it smell.  I looked down at him and said, "you stink so badly".  He looked up at me and gave me the biggest smile yet.  It was like he knew exactly what I said and he was proud of it.  He really must be a boy!

He smiled randomly all day long.  It was really cute.  One of these days I am going to have my camera ready, so I can capture a really big smile.  It makes the second two weeks of constant crying worth it.  

I went to my old office today for lunch.  It was actually enjoyable.  I am so happy that I will not be returning though.  I can't imagine having to go back in a week and a half.  I probably would have quit anyway.  I miss not going to court and interacting with people, but I have no desire to go back full time.  I enjoy being a mom.  This is starting to get fun.  

I better go deal with the crying baby upstairs.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby farts are incredibly explosive, alarming really. I remember specifically asking the dr. about this and he said that the baby is coordinating the inner and outer sphincters.
It is true though that a little smile from your baby can make all the work be forgotten. Wait until you hear momma... I turned to mush.

Sarah said...

I can't wait to hear him talk. That is going to be amazing. I am sure he will see dada first, but I am okay with that too. It is easier to say anyway.