Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday?

I can't believe how fast this week has gone. We have been pretty busy around here. Today Samuel starts his first Music Together class for the season. I am pretty excited to see how he does this time around. He really enjoyed it the last time we did it.

I have also started a new project that has been keeping me pretty busy. I am making Christmas stockings. I bought two patterns and I am making one for Dave first and if it turns out okay, I will make one for Samuel. I didn't find any that I liked for myself or for George, so I will have to keep looking. I didn't realize how much work it was going to take. I have to do lots of sewing, cutting, stuffing and gluing. When I get portions of it done I will post pictures. I am really excited to see the finished product. Hopefully I will have it done by Christmas.

I am going to eat some breakfast before Samuel gets up. He has been sleeping in this whole week and it is awesome. I get so much done in the morning. I hope this continues.

6 comments:

Charisa said...

I started a stocking for Vance 3 years ago. It looked easy and fun. Wrong! It's still unfinished. Sad situation... Good luck with yours!

megan said...

good luck with the stockings! Sounds fun. :) I'm like Charisa though - I start things like that and they sit unfinished for years. :)

Charity said...

I started one too for Ryan when she was little and never finished. I know you can do it!!! Can't wait to see it-

Flower Girl said...

sounds so cool sarah. you go girl. we have to inspire each other to finish both of our felt projects. ;)

Sarah said...

It is so difficult. I spent an hour and a half yesterday putting on only 3 Christmas trees and stuffing them. I am motivated right now. I hope it continues because I would love to finish it. I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Charisa said...

That's why I got so discouraged! So time consuming! And all the sequins and beads! You've got to me though...when I get free time today I'm going to work on Vance's! I'll pick an easier pattern for Vaughn!