Monday, September 14, 2009

Hard Day for Mommy

I just dropped Samuel off at his first Mother's Day out.  Oh my gosh, I can't believe how hard it was for me.  It lasts from 9:30 until 3:30.  It is a very long day and the longest I have been away from him, when he hasn't been with one set of his grandparents.  When we walked in there was a huge check in line and the kids that were his age or younger were pretty much all crying.  I was so overwhelmed, so I could understand why he started crying and holding on to me.  When I was signing him in he grabbed his lunch box and started walking into one of the rooms, which was not his assigned room.  I took him to his room, which had the majority of screaming babies and let him go.  He didn't cry at all.  He looked around at all the other screaming girls and just looked for something to play with.  I need to check the list of kids, but I think he might be the only boy.  The lady knew who he was right away, so I can't imagine she would have guessed so well, if there were other boys in his class.  

I didn't want to leave, I just kind of hung around in the hallway for a little bit to see if he noticed I was gone and started crying, but he didn't.  He did grab a pen off of the table and grabbed one of the kids diapers off the table too.  If he is the only boy, the ladies that watch that room are going to be in for it, because Samuel is a wild man.  

I may try to get there around 3:15 or so to pick him up so I can talk to the ladies watching his class and see how he did.  I am so nervous for him.  This is a really long day.  

Not only is Samuel gone today, but George is in the kennel because we had an open house this weekend.  So the house is very quiet.  Kind of strange.  I don't know the last time I was in this house alone, maybe like 4 years ago.

So 5 couples came to our open house yesterday.  Then at 6:15 we got a call from our realtor that one couple wanted to come back by and look at our house again at 6:30.  Hopefully they are really interested, but we aren't keeping our hopes up.  

Here are some pictures from Saturday.  Dave loves to get Samuel dressed up for the Michigan football games.  Dave got him this sweatsuit outfit and Samuel loved wearing the sweatshirt with the hood on.  





Here he is this morning, getting ready to leave to go to "school".  He loves his lunchbox.



1 comment:

megan said...

good luck making it through the day!!!! :) and I'll keep my fingers crossed on the house. :)