Friday, September 4, 2009

TGIF

I am so happy it is Friday and a long weekend.  Dave will be home early today too.  I am so excited.  I am really looking forward to the long weekend and spending some family time together.  

Yesterday Samuel had his 18 month doctor's appointment.  I can't believe he is already 18 months old (tomorrow).  Time has really flown by.  He is changing everyday and is so much more fun everyday.  He got two flu shots yesterday.  The one that came out in June and then the one for this season.  In October we have to go back for the Swine Flu shot.  He knew immediately when we got to the doctor that he was going to get shots because he started screaming and crying as soon as they called his name to the back.  Either he was really scared for the shots or he is a master manipulator.  He got two stickers before we even headed back to the exam room.  After he got the stickers he was fine.  So who knows.  

Here are his stats:

Height:  34.75 in (greater then 97%)
Weight: 29 lbs 15.5 oz (91%)
Head Circ: 48.3 cm (66%)  I am still surprised that his head is so small considering how big his father's head is.  

The doctor said that Samuel is the size at a 2 year old and he is really really tall.  They think he will be a pretty tall boy.  She said that Samuel was extremely active for his age and very persistent.  It was amazing that she figured that out in about 5 minutes.  

Yesterday, Dave felt the new baby for the first time.  This baby is extremely active at night.  I really don't feel it all during the day, but once I lay down at night and in the middle of the night it moves like crazy.  

I made one of the best dinners ever last night.  I needed to make a turkey breast for the soup I am making today, so I figured we would eat some of the turkey breast last night and then the leftovers I would use for my soup today.  

I don't know what I did to this turkey breast but it was the best tasting turkey we have had in a long time.  I cooked it in a bag, put onions, carrots and celery on the bottom of the bag.  I put olive oil on both sides of the turkey and then sprinkled on both sides: pepper, kosher salt, seasoning salt and garlic powder.  It had the best flavor and made the gravy amazing.  Then I made mashed potatoes with Yukon gold potatoes and I boiled it with a lot of garlic cloves in the water.  Once they were cooked, I drained them and used some of the garlic that it was cooked with when I mashed it.  I added low fat milk, sour cream, pepper, garlic salt, butter and a little bit of cheddar cheese.  It was the smoothest creamiest potatoes.  The meal was amazing and an early Thanksgiving dinner.  Even Samuel said "Yum" when he had the first few bites.  

I thought the dinner was amazing, but this baby wasn't too excited about it later.  It kicked and pushed on me all night long.  I couldn't believe how active it was.  This baby I think is stronger then Samuel was.  I never felt such strength this early with Samuel.  

Okay, so this post just got very long.  I hope everyone has a great long weekend.  

3 comments:

megan said...

YUM! :) Sounds delicious!
I can't believe how big Samuel is! Wow. Your comment about his head made me laugh though. :)

Have a great weekend!!

Flower Girl said...

BIG BOY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks like Samuel is just as or bigger than his cousin Jake!! He is so cute, and his hair has gotten so light!!