Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I need to complain

I have been thinking mean thoughts all day and I felt like sharing my pain with you all.  First, Samuel woke up off and on all night.  He had a runny nose last night and I don't really know what his deal is.  He seems fine except he is sneezing and has a runny nose.  I hope he doesn't have allergies.  Anyway, Samuel graced us with his presence at 5 this morning.  He was cranky, but pretty much awake.  There is no way in hell I am getting out of bed at 5 am, unless I want to.  Dave was planning to get up and go to the gym in the morning, but he decided to stay at home and get beaten up by Samuel.   Neither Dave nor I wanted to get out of bed this morning, so we thought we could talk Samuel into going back to bed.  He basically just cuddled with each of us and then when he was done doing that he proceeded to climb all over us, stick his fingers up my nose and smack Dave around.  Not exactly what we were planning for in the morning.  

So, I know I talk about how my pregnancy is different this time then last, but here are the ways they are the same:

1.  I feel completely fat and ugly.  I feel like I am retaining over 100 gallons of water and I just can't pee it out fast enough.  

2.  I have cellulite moving from its normal place on my ass all the way down to the back of my knees.  Believe me, I looked today in the mirror and it wasn't a pretty sight.  

3.  I am cranky as hell.  

4.  I don't like being pregnant.  I love the end result, I LOVE my baby and I want as many as Dave will let me have but I HATE being pregnant.  (I may feel better in a few weeks.  I also don't know it my extreme hate for pregnancy today is due to the fact that I am exhausted, but I will keep you all posted on that).  

5.  I want carbohydrates, specifically bread, flour tortillas, chips, cakes, cookies, junk food.  I want it all and I want to eat them all day long.  (Difference:  With Samuel I actually ate them all, with this baby I want them all, but I am not eating very much.  Not only does it not settle well, but I don't want to gain 48 pounds.  But the fact still remains...I WANT them.)

6.  My boobs officially have started hurting.  

7.  I didn't have zits with my pregnancy with Samuel, but I have them with this pregnancy, which makes my self image oh so much better.  I wake up every day with more zits all over my face.  I can't stand it.  Yuck!

I could keep complaining, but I actually feel so much better getting out how terrible I feel.  

For all you women who love being pregnant...my nice self is very happy for you and I envy your wonderful pregnancy hormones, but my mean self says F you all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, you just cracked me up so much to the point of laughing so hard that my Dave wondered what was going on with me. I know you feel terrible, but you are such a beautiful person. We just spent all day with movers and I have a house with a shitload of boxes stacked to the ceilings. Even though you are miserable, you just made me laugh at the end of a very long day which is just what I needed!
-Steph :)

megan said...

awww, i am sure you look beautiful!! i bet this baby is a girl and all of this is ammunition you're going to use against her. :)

Anonymous said...

i hate to tell you i loved being preggers...it was the first 2 yrs that were hell for me... im not a baby person. too demanding all the time. i sent you a little suprise. i hope you like it...amie

Flower Girl said...

oh, you you you.... did samuel lick your face too?