Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fast Week

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone. I am going to post something really quickly since I haven't posted all week. We have been super busy.

Samuel did awesome at Mother's Day Out. They said he didn't cry at all. He slept for about an hour until one of the little girls woke up and started screaming and then she woke up all the rest of the kids. There are 7 kids in his class. I think 3 or 4 boys. I am not sure how it will go on Monday, since he will know I am leaving him for the day, but hopefully he will do well. He was exhausted when he got home and was a complete mess until we put him to bed at 7:30. He couldn't even keep his eyes open. He has been sleeping great the rest of this week. I think it took him a few days to recover from everything that he did on Monday.

I have been fighting a cold this week. I thought what I was feeling last week had gone away, but then the last few days I have been feeling terrible. I don't know if it is allergies or what, but my throat is itchy, my eyes are watery and my nose is stuffed up and running and the same time. I feel just great.

We had an open house this past Sunday and 5 couples looked at the house. One couple came back on Sunday night and then again on Tuesday night. Their agent said that they are still undecided about making an offer. Yesterday another couple came to look at our house. We have had a lot of interest lately which is wonderful, but I am completely worn out from making our house spotless. It is really hard work to keep a house completely clean all the time. I have no idea why anyone would put so much effort into making a house look this nice just because they want to. I guess having an 18 month old running around climbing on everything, putting his grubby dirty hands and mouth on everything I clean especially the windows makes it more difficult.

Today I got Samuel a new pair of kicks. He has been wearing sandals all summer and I pulled out his tennis shoes on Tuesday. When I shoved his feet into the shoes he started yelling "OWWWWWW". I figured maybe they were a little small, but I think I only got them about 6 months ago. We went to the shoe store today and he definitely needed new shoes. He was wearing size 6 and he needed a 7 and a half. Holy cow, he is growing like a weed. I am also going to have to go clothes shopping soon too. I bought him a few pairs of pants and shirts all size 2T. He needs more.

I have been feeling the baby everyday lately. It is such a nice feeling (for now), because I was getting worried that I didn't have a baby in there. There was no movement and I wasn't feeling sick and I just convinced myself that the baby wasn't growing and then all of the sudden it started kicking. I am feeling great lately. For the past week or so, I have loved being pregnant which is a feeling I never expected. My face has cleared up for now and I don't feel like I am sucking all the moisture out of the air and storing it in my body. Hopefully this feeling will last a while. So now everyone can tell me to F-off because I am a happy pregnant woman.

Lastly, Samuel peed in the potty again this morning. We had another song and dance and screaming. I was folding laundry and he was in his bathroom. All of the sudden he started yelling "Mom, Mom". Yes, Samuel calls me Mom, not MaMa or Mommy, Mom. It is pretty funny to hear. Anyway, I ran into the bathroom and he was halfway on the big toilet. He looked like he was about to go head first into the water, which totally grossed me out. Anyway, I asked him if he had to go pee pee and he just looked at me, like "What the hell do you think? I am crawling on the toilet and you ask me if I have to pee. What is wrong with you lady?" So, I turned around and got his little potty. He grabbed his toys that he likes playing with when sitting on the potty. I took his diaper off and it was completely dry, so I knew he hadn't done anything yet. He sat down immediately and went pee. I started screaming and jumping up and down and he started clapping. I think he gets really excited to pee or at least he gets really excited to see me make a fool of myself, either way I don't care as long and he is trying to pee in the potty.

So that is it. Oma and Opa are coming in town for the weekend and I am in desperate need for a shower.


2 comments:

megan said...

Wow, lots of excitement!!! Glad to hear everything is going so well. :)

Flower Girl said...

Sarah, that all sounds so good!!! as for keeping the house spotless - i say you F it and eat some more chocolate chips.