Monday, September 21, 2009

It is only 1 pm and I am so exhausted. I have been so busy this morning and I only have 2 more hours to myself.

This past weekend, Oma and Opa came in town to visit. It was Opa's 60th Birthday on Sunday (sorry I didn't post a happy birthday yesterday, but I was super lazy in the afternoon). So we were busy all weekend playing and celebrating. Oma and I took Samuel to the St. Louis Magic House. It is a really cool place. It is a hands on educational museum/play centers for kids. There were musical instruments, bubble rooms, water rooms, sand rooms, etc. I could go on forever. It was a really cool place and we wore Samuel out. We also wore us out too. I have pictures below.

This morning was Samuel's second day of Mother's Day out. He was so excited to carry his lunch box again. When we were walking in an older boy was crying a little and holding on to his mom. Samuel pouted a little bit, but I told him it was okay and he stopped right away, which surprised me. When we walked in the door, he started waving as soon as he saw the ladies who take care of his room. I sat him down and he ran right away from me to play. He didn't cry at all, even when I told him bye. I was really surprised. I can't wait to get a report from the teachers to see how he did today. I have to pick him up in 2 and a half hours and I have barely done anything for myself today.

I had to take George to the vet this morning. He had some spots on her body that didn't look normal. They weren't growing any hair and she has never had a problem like that before. Also her left eye was really red and I was worried that she might have scratched it at her doggie day care.

We an hour and a half later, she was diagnosed with an eye infection that may move to the other eye and a skin infection. She has to have drops put in her eye twice and day and she has to take pills twice a day for the skin infection. They aren't sure yet if the skin infection is contagious, so I have to keep Samuel away from her skin for the next two weeks. That is going to be difficult because Samuel loves to give George hugs and kisses. It completely grosses me out to think that she may have a skin infection that we could catch. Hopefully the medication will work and there will be no additional issues.

So, I had plans to run a ton of errands and grocery shop, exercise, shower and write, but I am not going to be getting that much done. Hopefully Samuel will cooperate in the next few days and run all my errands with me.

Here are some pictures:


Samuel looks so ugly in this picture, but he loves to put Dave's swim goggles on. He goes through Dave's gym bag until he finds these goggles and puts them on. It is really funny.


Here are pictures from the Magic House. Samuel is trying his hand at a little fishing:

He loved driving the truck:


He was making some very interesting music on the piano:

Here he is really getting into it:

Some other musical instrument:



The Birthday Boy with Samuel:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you find a good Mother's Day out program for Samuel? I need a serious break or I am gonna flip out! :)
Steph

Sarah said...

I asked around our neighborhood and I asked a lot of other people who had kids and sent them to Mother's day out. I also went and visited a few places and I didn't like any except for this one. They have all the kids separated by age group and they have 10 max kids per room with two adults. Also in Samuel's room and the room below him they have rocking chairs and beds for each kids for nap time.

He has a long day from 9:30 to 3:30, most places were only in the a.m. His place is only on Mondays too.

I would just go around to different churches in your neighborhood and check out all their Mother's Day out programs. Samuel was on this particular churches waitlist for over 6 months.

Good luck. I know what you mean about needed a break. It is important for you and Rowan! Let me know how your search goes.