Monday, September 7, 2009

Nice Weekend

We have had a nice busy and relaxing weekend.  We were planning to go apple picking on Saturday but it rained all day long.  We just played around at home, went to the mall for a little bit and then relaxed.  We also spent the afternoon watching football, which I wasn't so excited about but at least Michigan won.  Also Tulsa won on Friday night which was exciting.  Dave was really excited to watch the Michigan football game with Samuel.  he got him dressed in his Michigan T-Shirt and they thew around the football a little bit.  


On Sunday, we woke up and it wasn't raining so we went to Eckert's for apple picking.  It was about 40 minutes from our house.  He loved every minute of the picking.  We had to keep him from eating the apples already on the ground.  He actually picked some really good apples.  We couldn't keep the apples out of his mouth though.  He loved them.  We did let him eat one whole apple.  Here are some pictures of our trip. 










So a little bit more about this pregnancy.  I can barely eat any fried foods.  I get terrible heartburn and just feel awful after eating anything fried.  I am craving like crazy green beans.  Of all the vegetables around I do not really like green beans and I would never pick corn to eat.  Well guess what? I would eat those two things all day long if I could.  They taste so yummy.  I ate green beans yesterday and today.  I don't like the fresh cooked green beans, I like the canned ones or ones that have been cooked for a really long time and are soft not crunchy.  It is ridiculous.  Last night all I wanted to eat were carrots  with ranch dressing.  Today I am craving Mexican food.  Everyday my cravings change, but I am still barely eating sweets and now I know no fried food.


2 comments:

megan said...

CUTE pics!!! Samuel is getting so darn big! And grown up looking. :)

You and your cravings crack me up. You should try the frozen green beans with almonds from Cascadian Farms (organic). SO good. And not crunchy. :) I swear they're the best non-fresh ones I've ever had.

Sarah said...

I am running to the grocery store today, so I will have to pick some up.