Thursday, September 10, 2009

Potty Dance

This morning I took my car in for an oil change.  While we were in the waiting room, Samuel got out a diaper and some wipes out of the diaper bag and laid down on the floor like he wanted to be changed.  His diaper wasn't full of pee or poop, so I told him that he didn't need a diaper change.  He did it a few more times at the car dealership and then when we got home he pulled out a diaper again and laid down.  So I asked him if he needed to go potty and if he wanted to go upstairs and sit on his potty.  He ran upstairs and tried to pull his diaper off as soon as we were in the bathroom.  When I pulled his diaper off, he immediately sat down on the potty.  I told him to sit still for a minute and I ran to his bedroom to grab a book.  When I came back in the bathroom he was standing up and looking in his potty.  I looked down and oh my goodness, he peed in the potty.  

I started screaming and jumping up and down.  Samuel was looking at his pee and running in place he was so excited.  Samuel loves flushing the toilet, but when I poured his pee in the toilet he just wanted to look at it.  He wouldn't flush.  It was kind of funny how fascinated he was with his pee.  

After we flushed it we danced around while I sang "Samuel pee peed in the potty."  He was dancing around and tapping his feet and I grabbed the video camera, but he of course stopped the minute I turned the camera on.  Maybe he will want to go again in the potty, but I am not pushing it.  I figure if he shows interest we will go with it.  I am not in any hurry to potty train him.  

So, that was our exciting news for the day.  

Moving on from bodily functions.  I made a turkey meatloaf last night and it was delicious.  It is another one of Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa recipes.  She had never done me wrong.  This was so good, even Dave loved it (and he is very much against any meatloaf).  I suggest unless you are feeding 6-8 adults, you should cut the recipe in half.  It was way too much.  I am going to freeze the leftovers.   I am making this one again, it's a keeper.  

Tonight I made a cheesy bison Italian sausage lasagna.  It smells so yummy.  I can't wait to bake it.  

That is it for now.  

3 comments:

megan said...

Congrats to Samuel!!! :) So funny he's training himself AND dancing! :) Love it.

The meatloaf sounds good! :) yum!

markandandrea said...

So cool that Samuel peed on the potty! Just take it as comes.

Flower Girl said...

wait, i just came back to your blog today again and noticed the title of this post, "potty dance." that should win an award.